The simFlight Network Forums

FSX Problems FSUIPC Update?

I'm having some Saitek Yoke and rudder problems with them retaining their settings. I'm not implying that the FSUIPC Update caused the problem but that's when I started having the problems when I had to update my Registered version Of FSUIPC. Some of the buttons on my yoke have to be programmed before each flight as they arent saved within FSX. If i apply the differential Brakes they release but the brakes light in the bottom left corner stays on and I have to reset the Parking Brake before it will go off. I've deleted all references to the brakes in the buttons and keystrokes, restored to default and deleted again to see if something was missed. my last flight the Axis on both the yoke and rudder pedals became opposite of what they should be. When I start FSX I'm prompted to run each module and gauge that is associated with that aircraft as when I first installed it. I'm prompted to run FSUIPC.dll each time I load any aircraft.

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction as to what I need to do to start having Fun again.............Eddie

I DL a copy of the pdf file from simsamurai on How to program settings using FSUIPC but waiting on doing that to see if I can get strightened out otherwise.

I'm having some Saitek Yoke and rudder problems with them retaining their settings. I'm not implying that the FSUIPC Update caused the problem but that's when I started having the problems when I had to update my Registered version Of FSUIPC. Some of the buttons on my yoke have to be programmed before each flight as they arent saved within FSX.

FSUIPC obviously cannot be responsible for FSX losing its settings. I've no idea what would cause that, except possibly FSX not actually closing down properly -- I think it only saves things on closedown (at least that's certainly true for the FSX.CFG file). Next time you close FSX, use the Task Manager to see if it is really still running. If so you have some rogue thread still running, possibly from an add-on DLL or Gauge file.

If i apply the differential Brakes they release but the brakes light in the bottom left corner stays on and I have to reset the Parking Brake before it will go off

That's because they aren't fully releasing. If you assigning in FSX make sure the null zone slider is fully left. If calibrating in FSUIPC, recalibrate and leave some free movement before setting the 'minimum' position. And of course you normally have to REVerse toe brakes -- do that BEFORE calibrating.

I've deleted all references to the brakes in the buttons and keystrokes, restored to default and deleted again to see if something was missed. my last flight the Axis on both the yoke and rudder pedals became opposite of what they should be. When I start FSX I'm prompted to run each module and gauge that is associated with that aircraft as when I first installed it.

That is definitely a problem of the FSX.CFG file not being updated on disk. Are you running something like FSPS booster or extreme FSX? If so I think that may keep the FSX.CFG protected whilst it's running.

I'm prompted to run FSUIPC.dll each time I load any aircraft.

I can't see how that can occur -- if so it isn't FSX or FSUIPC doing that. Sounds like another add-on.

Pete

There is entry right near the beginning of the dll.xml that says <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad> If that is set to "True" instead of "False" then you have to manually start everything listed in the dll.xml (when it's called upon), this is the most likely explanation as for why this user is asked to start FSUIPC and any other associated module every session.

Thanks Pete and AndyDigital for your suggestions. I'll certainly try them and see how it goes.

I've used Extreme FSX PC periodically over the last year. I'll discontinue using it .

Is it true that if I delete the FSX.cfg file that upon starup of FSX it will make a clean copy?

Thanks for your Help....Eddie

I've used Extreme FSX PC periodically over the last year. I'll discontinue using it .

You don't need to, but you may need to do a run of FSX without it at least once in order to set up your options and get eveything correctly recognised.

Is it true that if I delete the FSX.cfg file that upon starup of FSX it will make a clean copy?

Yes, of course, as it does when you first install and run FSX. FSUIPC4 does the same with its INI file.

Pete