The simFlight Network Forums

Autosave.ABL Files

Hi Pete

Im using FS2004 with Autosave 1.4.5 and FSUIPC 3.06 (Registered) under Win XP. Today I noticed 11 (2 minutes apart) autosave files with the .abl extention. Since this is my Autosave .cfg file I was wondering why this is happening.

[user]

Interval=120

Files=1

[Files]

Next=1

1=Sun 113928

Thanks for a Great program

Im using FS2004 with Autosave 1.4.5 and FSUIPC 3.06 (Registered) under Win XP. Today I noticed 11 (2 minutes apart) autosave files with the .abl extention. Since this is my Autosave .cfg file I was wondering why this is happening.

Because I've never heard of any .ABL files being saved, and do nothing to delete any old ones. Can you tell me more? Why were ABL files being saved in any case? I only know about .FLT and .WX files.

If .ABL files are also produced in certain circumstances then I can certainly change the program to delete those too, but I have never heard of them and no one else has reported this at all. Are they to do with pilot training exercises or something like that?

You should understand that AutoSave does not actualy save any files itself, it only calls the routine in FS to do this, the same routine that you could call by using the Save Flight menu (or the ; key). If that saves new files in some circumstances then I need to know so I can delete them after the set number.

Regards,

Pete

They only appear after a lesson as far as I can tell.

Right. That's probably why I've never seen them -- the lessons are written in ABL, and interpreted by the ABL script interpreter. I didn't know you could save and resume these -- you couldn't with the older APL based "adventures" and lessons.

I'll change AutoSave to delete the old copies of these when it deletes the FLT and WX files. Thanks for telling me.

Regards,

Pete

Pete

Also would like to say I just tried the suggestion you made of adding the line InitDelay=0 to FSUIPC.ini and it seemed to cure my printing problem.

FS9 would go to a black window sized screen and crash if I tried to print Pilot Breifings or NavLogs. Now it is working perfectly.

Thanks again

Also would like to say I just tried the suggestion you made of adding the line InitDelay=0 to FSUIPC.ini and it seemed to cure my printing problem.

FS9 would go to a black window sized screen and crash if I tried to print Pilot Breifings or NavLogs. Now it is working perfectly.

How odd.

I've just discovered another way to make the video drivers give me that black screen, and that's by trying to change into full screen mode from a very small windowed screen, rather than, as I was before, a maximised or reasonably big screen. Obviously it is a timing problem in the relationship between FS. DX9 and video drivers, and all I'm doing messing with the Init delay is moving some times about.

I don't think there's currently a real fix. Maybe different drivers help (they change the timings). Maybe, one day, we'll get a new version of DX9 which won't exhibit the problem.

Regards,

Pete

Today I noticed 11 (2 minutes apart) autosave files with the .abl extention.

Greetings,

I would like to confirm what you fellas are saying as I am presently coding a couple of ATC adventures in ABL and have also noticed this. If a FLT file has an ABL script attached to it in the head section, eg:

ablscript=Lesson 1

then any user-saved FLT files will also produce a copy of that ABL script with the same filename as the FLT file you just saved. Re-loading that new FLT will run that ABL script, but as far as I can see it loads if from the beginning, so unless the SDK gives us some more info it does not appear to resume the ABL script from the point it was saved but loads from the start. Perhaps it will be possible to add some kind of flag to the FLT file and so an adventure could be resumed just from the approach scenario, instead of having to fly the whole thing.