The simFlight Network Forums

Steering tiller/ailerons on ground

Hello Pete,

Majestic Dash 8 has implemented a fix assignment that steering tiller is at the same axis as ailerons.

However I find this really practical and tried it with NGX etc (meaning bigger planes with separate tillers) and I'm happy with it, because in that way, I could "simulate" the use of a separate tiller in a way instead of using rudder pedals.

Now, as I have ailerons and steering tiller via FSUIPC at one axis, is there any possibility to disable ailerons as long as the aircraft is on ground?

many thanks,

Guenter

Majestic Dash 8 has implemented a fix assignment that steering tiller is at the same axis as ailerons.

However I find this really practical and tried it with NGX etc (meaning bigger planes with separate tillers) and I'm happy with it, because in that way, I could "simulate" the use of a separate tiller in a way instead of using rudder pedals.

Now, as I have ailerons and steering tiller via FSUIPC at one axis, is there any possibility to disable ailerons as long as the aircraft is on ground?

But if you are using the aileron controls for steering (which, incidentally, is the same as the default action in FS for folks with no rudder -- or at least it used to be. I don't know if it still is an option these days), when the aileron controls are disconnected you won't be able to steer that Dash 8.

Offset 310A can be used to disconnect Ailerons (it is bit 1). You'd need a small Lua plug-in which loops reading the "on ground" flag and writing to 310A. I think you'd need to make it stop disabling ailerons when the ground speed exceeds about 30 knots, though, because otherwise you'll have trouble in cross-wind takeoffs where aileron use is important. By that speed you should be mostly using rudder for steering in any case.

Pete

Pete