The simFlight Network Forums

FSX auto throttle problem

I can't figure this out but I've been having auto throttle problems in FSX.  I have an unregistered FSUIPC and I don't know what's causing the auto throttle race all of a sudden.  It won't hold the speed.  It will work one second and not the next.  I'm just trying to figure it out.

I can't figure this out but I've been having auto throttle problems in FSX.  I have an unregistered FSUIPC and I don't know what's causing the auto throttle race all of a sudden.  It won't hold the speed.  It will work one second and not the next.  I'm just trying to figure it out.

Not sure why you are posting this here, but whilst an unregistered FSUIPC can't do anything about it, you can still use its Logging tab to see what is going on if you think it might be control interference. But a normal and expected cause of throttle racing is wind or cloud turbulence. If the airspeed  is varying a lot because of rapid wind changes, the A/T will be trying to compensate.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

I was also using FSrealwx as my weather.  Could that cause the problem?  I have FSdreamteam scenery.  I've just done a clean install of windows home premium 7 64 bit and installed FS Gold for the first time into the desktop.  Just can't understand what the problem is with the auto throttle.  The auto throttle will race at maximum speed randomly after takeoff, mid flight, and during landing.  Pitot heat is off.  I just don't get what the problem is.  I'll try it without FSrealwx.  Right now, I took FSUIPC out.  I want to see if it does it without it.  Then when I choose another aircraft it will be fine and then do the same thing all over again no matter what I use.