The simFlight Network Forums

No FSUIPC autosave anymore

Hi Pete

Something strange has happened - FSUIPC will no longer create autosaves when I fly with IFR flightplans.

After, for instance a crash, an error dialog box pops up, saying something like: "GPS error. Autosave will not be available".

What is going on, do you know?

I'm using the latest version 4.929.

Cheers, Morten 

After, for instance a crash, an error dialog box pops up, saying something like: "GPS error. Autosave will not be available".

What is going on, do you know?

There is no such message in FSUIPC. You've got something else doing that. And autosaves are based on a timer, not on when you crash. Look in the Documents Flight Simulator X Files folder for FSUIPC autosaves, if in fact you've even enabled them.

Pete

• 4 weeks later...

Autosave is enabled and everything else is being autosaved - further more I'm not even able to make a regular FSX save during a fligtplan executed flight. I know by now that it has nothing to do with FSUIPC. However with your skills and experience you might perhaps have an idea of what to look for while we are at it..?

After a crash, for instance, FSX will normally reload the same flight - but as it is, instead a popup turns up saying: "Error loading GPS_Engine. The flight plan will not be used - OK" If I then hit the OK button, the flight will end completely. Rather frustrating... 

Arhh Okay, I just learned that this bug is well known and is described all over the net - seems to be caused from a Microsoft update somehow. Unfortunately the solution to the problem is not crystal clear...all sorts of suggestions!

Autosave is enabled and everything else is being autosaved - further more I'm not even able to make a regular FSX save during a fligtplan executed flight. I know by now that it has nothing to do with FSUIPC. However with your skills and experience you might perhaps have an idea of what to look for while we are at it..?

After a crash, for instance, FSX will normally reload the same flight - but as it is, instead a popup turns up saying: "Error loading GPS_Engine. The flight plan will not be used - OK" If I then hit the OK button, the flight will end completely. Rather frustrating... 

Arhh Okay, I just learned that this bug is well known and is described all over the net - seems to be caused from a Microsoft update somehow. Unfortunately the solution to the problem is not crystal clear...all sorts of suggestions!

Sorry, I've no idea about this one. It certainly isn't related to FSUIPC.

Pete

No it hasn't.

Just for your information, I finally solved the mystery by simply creating and saving a new "Default Flight" as advised from one of the many simmers who had ran into the same mess. So now GPS error messages are all gone and FSUIPC will autosave my flightplan created flights normally again! In fact this action also solved some other abnormal behavior regarding my AI traffic.

Is guess, my old Default Flight over time has become "infected" with bad data during all kinds of scenery addon manipulations, FTX Global, Pilots Mesh and so on...