The simFlight Network Forums

PYUIPC Full Light Functionality

I'm having trouble using the offset 0D0C for the lights.  I can use the offset 028C for the landing lights but I would like to separate the other lights (0281 strobe and beacon) and (0280 for panel, nav taxi).

The problem for me is I cant figure out how to manipulate the bits in offset  0D0C.

any help with this would be much appreciated.

An example of how to turn on only one of the light switches using offset 0D0C would go a long way to helping me.

Thanks in advance or any help.

when I read offset 0D0C and print results I get: '\xff\x03'  if I use .encode('hex') on the return value and print result I get ff03. I can write that to the offset and it will work all the lights. But as I said before I would like to use the lights independently.

I'm having trouble using the offset 0D0C for the lights.  I can use the offset 028C for the landing lights but I would like to separate the other lights (0281 strobe and beacon) and (0280 for panel, nav taxi).

Best then to use 0D0C for them all. Don't mix them.

The problem for me is I cant figure out how to manipulate the bits in offset  0D0C.

How are you wanting to program it? Through notmal button/switch assignment? Or via a Lua plug in? Or are you writing a program interfacing through the FSUIPC application interface?

Also, please read the thread about bits and numbers in the FAQ subforum. You need to know about bits in bytes and AND and OR logical operations.

Pete

Lets see I created a simple server application that uses the fsuipc interface.

I'm not currently using 0D0C for any of the lights the other three offsets currently do all the light function that I need. 

I will look into that thread you mentioned and I believe I definitely need to learn more about working with bits in bytes. 

thanks for the response mush appreciated.

PS; Off topic but which offset operates the dc meter switch in the default 737 overhead panel can't figure it out for the life of me.

Thanks a bunch!!

PS; Off topic but which offset operates the dc meter switch in the default 737 overhead panel can't figure it out for the life of me.

I don't think there are any controls or facilities outside of the overhead gauge itself for much of the overhead local functioning. If you are sticking to default aircraft in trying to implement full hardware cockpit controls I think you'll be continuously frustrated. They are not designed for it, and most of what you see is purely cosmetic. If you want decent 737 systems implemented you either need to use add-on aircraft such as the PMDG or iFly 737s, or use external systems simulations such as pmSystems from Project Magenta.

Pete