The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC with 737 NGX

Hi simmers i just purchased FSUIPC for my jetmax TQ737 thats coming very shortly, so just need a few questions asnswered. 

What should i assign FSUIPC with? all the controls and buttons? not sure whats recommended with FSUIPC and the 737 so any help will be great. 

I've heard the 737 ngx and FSUIPC doesn't go together?

also should you use the joystick calibration for the controls....

cheers

also if i assign an axis assignment like the spoilers on the saitek throttle do i need to set it in the joystick calibration?

because if i do it and select reverse and deploy the spoilers i get the amber warning light and message in the ngx saying SPEEDBRAKE DO NOT ARM

thats after i fully retract the spoilers, the message is green at first then amber once the spoiler lever hits the bottom? any help peeps

What should i assign FSUIPC with? all the controls and buttons? not sure whats recommended with FSUIPC and the 737 so any help will be great. 

FSUIPC is a toolkit You use it for what you want to use it for. Did you not do any research before purchasing it?

I've heard the 737 ngx and FSUIPC doesn't go together?

Really? Why? I've not heard that!

also should you use the joystick calibration for the controls....

If you want more precise calibration, of course. If not, then no. It's your choice. It's just one of the facilities in FSUIPC.

also if i assign an axis assignment like the spoilers on the saitek throttle do i need to set it in the joystick calibration?

If you assign "direct to FSUIPC calibration", then, yes, you need to calibrate. That's the point. If you assign in FS or direct to FS controls in FSUIPC, then, again, it is your choice. 

because if i do it and select reverse and deploy the spoilers i get the amber warning light and message in the ngx saying SPEEDBRAKE DO NOT ARM

That sounds correct. Have you referred to the 737 operating manual? You should not deply spoilers after engaging reverse. Why on Earth would you do that?

also in axis assignment how do i select reverse for the spoilers?

There is no "reverse" for spoilers! Please read uip a little on the aircraft you are using!

Pete

Hi pete thanks for the support so far.

That sounds correct. Have you referred to the 737 operating manual? You should not deply spoilers after engaging reverse. Why on Earth would you do that?

There is no "reverse" for spoilers! Please read uip a little on the aircraft you are using!

Pete

I fully understand this aircraft, well just about lol but you have picked me up wrong pete. what i am saying is when i assign the spoilers in the calibration and then deploy them i get that amber message once its fully deployed. this is a FSUIPC problem because if i go back to the PMDG OR FSX controls it works fine i just get the green message. its FSUIPC thats causing this somehow?

Ok i have provided pics below through dropbox. when i uncheck reverse in fsuipc for spoilers for my saitek lever everything is working fine i get the green message....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/34c6z1y9vuhqgc0/2014-12-11_22-26-19-109.BMP?dl=0

But when i tick REVERSE in fsuipc so i can use my saitek lever the correct way up and soon as i deploy my level that amber message comes up....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e3xjw0xnsoocnji/2014-12-11_22-26-30-933.BMP?dl=0

You must check the REV option in calibration BEFORE you calibrate, otherwise the calibration will be wrong. The speed brake is not being placed fully down when it should be, when on the ground with wheel speed below 60 knots.

When you choose reverse all it does is reverse the values, Once calibrated the behaviour is identical but with the lever going the other way.

Any other problems you have with your PMDG product need to be referred to PMDG. I really cannot support add-on aircraft. FSUIPC is just an interface to FS, a tool for you to use as you wish.

Pete

You must check the REV option in calibration BEFORE you calibrate, otherwise the calibration will be wrong. The speed brake is not being placed fully down when it should be, when on the ground with wheel speed below 60 knots.

When you choose reverse all it does is reverse the values, Once calibrated the behaviour is identical but with the lever going the other way.

Any other problems you have with your PMDG product need to be referred to PMDG. I really cannot support add-on aircraft. FSUIPC is just an interface to FS, a tool for you to use as you wish.

Pete

Thanks pete loving the smoothness of the controls compared to fsx :) 

about the spoilers you are right just one of the things i forgot sorry.

great tool !!!!