The simFlight Network Forums

rudder trim

Hi

looking for some help as I have absolutely no idea what i'm doing

I own the rg version of FSUIPC and I have the x55 hotas throttle/joystick system

On the throttle there are several rotary switches which I would like to use for things like rudder trim etc but fsuipc does not recognise these in the buttons/switches tab

I've looked at the list of controls and the rudder trim has the numbers of 65688 and 65690 for this but i don't know enough to add this to the .ini part of fsuipc.Can anyone point me in the right direction

For any one that owns the x 55 I want to use the rty3 for this

many thanks

I own the rg version of FSUIPC

What's the "rg" version? There are only two versions -- FSUIPC3 for FS9 and before, and FSUIPC4 for FSX and later.

and I have the x55 hotas throttle/joystick system

On the throttle there are several rotary switches which I would like to use for things like rudder trim etc but fsuipc does not recognise these in the buttons/switches tab

If FSUIPC doesn't see them then they are not part of the basic 32 buttons and 8 axes which FS supports. Are they seen by FS? FSUIPC uses the same system as FS to read the settings.

I've looked at the list of controls and the rudder trim has the numbers of 65688 and 65690 for this but i don't know enough to add this to the .ini part of fsuipc

Don't edit the INI, use the in-program dialogues and assign in the buttons drop-down.  The controls you mention are listed by name, i.e. "Rudder left" and "rudder right" respectively, and will appear as such in the list.

Pete