The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC key invalid

MOVED FROM THE "FAQ" SUBFORUM

I recently purchased the key for FSUIPC.  I installed FSUIPC (latest version) on my PC, registered it with the key, everything worked fine.  I then installed FSUIPC on a lab PC, and when I entered the key in the registration screen, I got the error message that the key is invalid.  Cut and pasted from the same file as on my PC.  Verified the lab PC clock was accurate.  The installing and registering FSUIPC4 doc that came with FSUIPC lists only invalid PC clock and old versions of FSUIPC as reasons for invalid key problems.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks.

PLEASE please only post support questions here, to the Support Forum, NOT to a subforum like FAQ!

You are making an error. Don't just cut and paste the key, do the same with your name and email. ALL THREE PARTS must be exactly right!

In future please state the actual version number of FSUIPC, do NOT just state "latest version" (folks have said that and found to have been using a year old one -- the "latest" they'd actually noticed),

Pete

FSUIPC version is 4.939u.  Interesting, the install instructions say to "Use cut-and-paste from the original to do this" when entering the key, which I did, but I then tried again with entering the key by hand.  Same result, I get a message saying "Sorry, this Key is not a valid 12-character key."

FSUIPC version is 4.939u.  Interesting, the install instructions say to "Use cut-and-paste from the original to do this" when entering the key, which I did, but I then tried again with entering the key by hand.  Same result, I get a message saying "Sorry, this Key is not a valid 12-character key."

The currently supported version is 4.942.

The "cut-and-paste" advice really applies to all three parts. Folks seem to have many ways to spell their names, and also sometimes change email addresses and forget that the registration stays with the original one.

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so I also bought the latest verison of FSUIPC for €30 downloaded and installed. Everything seem to work fine by installing, no error reports.

But when attempting to put the key, I get the same answer.

You buy either FSUIPC3 or FSUIPC4, not a "latest version". You download the "latest version". -- 4.923 for FSUIPC4 or 3.999z8 (or z9) for FSUIPC3. You only say "FSUIPC" not mentioning the major version which is crucial. Maybe you are using FS9 or before and bought FSUIPC4 by mistake? Or vice versa, you are using FSX or P3D and bought FSUIPC3? You need first to check that..

But anyway, I don't fully understand your description of the problem. You say on the one hand that "everything seem to work fine by installing, no error reports." but on the other that "when attempting to put the key I get the same answer". Since the key is input to the Installer, the error you are reporting must come from the installer, right? Please clarify. What is the "answer" (message? Error?) and where do you see it?

The system used to generate keys is automated and there is really no way a properly entered registration will be rejected at the installation stage. There are possible reasons for it to not be accepted in the FSUIPC DLL proper, after you run FS, but not before you run it.

If you tell me which version you downloaded, and give me your order number or your email address I can check you bought the right one.

Pete

I use FSX and bought 4.943 which i belived was latest version.

You purchased version 4, not a specific version 4. And yes, 4.943 is the latest.

I checked your order and everything is correct and works fine. I am sure you are making an error.

So I enter name and email and paste the 12 -character key:

So you did not copy and paste the name and email? Check again. ALL THREE PARTS MUST CORRESPOND EXACTLY WITH THAT SHOWN ON YOUR ACCOUNT! This is why we place the emphasis on copying and pasting all three parts. So many people spell their names differently each time, or maybe add a space or a stop. 

I can tell you here the exact name and email if you cannot find what you entered in your order.

Pete

Hello Pete.

I am 63 years old, and have used PC since 1993...

It is not first time I enter long passwords, you rememeber Windows back in the old days with all characters?

I cut and paste, I copy and paste I write it manually, I have checked and double checked.... :smile:

I am 72 years old and have used computers since 1963. But I'm not sure where the history is relevant. I was not insulting you -- it was just that in the last message you explicitly said

"So I enter name and email and paste the 12 -character key"

Do you not see the difference and significance to me?

Please email me at petedowson@btconnect.com. See if there is a file called "FSUIPC4.KEY" in the FSX Modules folder. If so, please rename it (KEY files won't get through), eg to FSUIPC4.TXT, and attach it.

If there is no KEY file, see if you can capture a picture of the Registration screen after you have entered the details.

Also include the FSUIPC4 Install LOG from the Modules folder and, if you have run FSX since installing FSUIPC, the FSUIPC4.LOG file too. I'll get back to you by email.

Pete