The simFlight Network Forums

Saitek Throttle Setting Issue

Hi,

Recently, I have noticed a disconnect while using P3d with my Saitek Throttle Quadrant(Single) when I am using my profile for 'Propeller' aircraft.

As I move the throttle from lowest to highest, the throttle is maxed on the plane already at approc 25% of the levers position.

I don't know what caused the issue becuase for the last few months, I have had no issues or need to change any settings from the day I installed FSUIPC into P3d.

What I did to root cause the issue so far:

1) Reset/Recalibrate the throttle settings in FSUIPC - No Change

2)  I did an Axis event log - I can share that is needed.

3) Verified the simple controls settings(null/sensitivity) - as they should be as per the manual

3) Tried to compare my settings in another profile with my 'props' profile -- I didnt notice anything different

Any suggestions/direction would be appreciated.

Recently, I have noticed a disconnect while using P3d with my Saitek Throttle Quadrant(Single) when I am using my profile for 'Propeller' aircraft.

As I move the throttle from lowest to highest, the throttle is maxed on the plane already at approc 25% of the levers position.

Are you assigning in FSUIPC or FS? If in FSUIPC, do you see the Input values increase steadily, or jump?

If you calibrate in FSUIPC, what are the IN and OUT values shown on the left hand side at that 25% point? It most certainly sounds like bad calibration.

Pete

Are you assigning in FSUIPC or FS? If in FSUIPC, do you see the Input values increase steadily, or jump?

If you calibrate in FSUIPC, what are the IN and OUT values shown on the left hand side at that 25% point? It most certainly sounds like bad calibration.

Pete

Pete,

Assigned in FSUIPC - Yes. the values do increase or jump quickly

IN      16383

OUT 16384

I reset the throttle <main controls> but I still have the same issue..25% lever..full throttle.

Assigned in FSUIPC - Yes. the values do increase or jump quickly

IN      16383

OUT 16384

The 16383 seen as input is the correct maximum. I think the Saitek installation is in error. I don't know why they've never fixed this, it's been going on for a long time.  Please see the FAQ subforum thread "some saitek axes only provide partial movement".

Pete