The simFlight Network Forums

Long loading time P3d 3.1 + FSUIPC4 4.949

Hi Pete,

I've got a very strange issue with P3D version 3.1 and FSUIPC4 version 4.949 :

When I start P3D (no add-ons installed), I have the default start up scenario is less than 10 seconds. From there clicking OK, the window "loading terrain data" appears and the default F-22 aircraft appears on the runway in about 10 secs. If I then go to the world/Time and season/Reset to system time/OK, the window "loading terrain data" appears and stays for about 10 minutes before the aircraft appears on the runway.

(same also happens when changing the airport/aircraft).

This does not happen without FSUIPC4 installed.

Patrick

In attachment , the FSUIPC4 logfile.

fsuipc4log.txt

When I start P3D (no add-ons installed), I have the default start up scenario is less than 10 seconds. From there clicking OK, the window "loading terrain data" appears and the default F-22 aircraft appears on the runway in about 10 secs. If I then go to the world/Time and season/Reset to system time/OK, the window "loading terrain data" appears and stays for about 10 minutes before the aircraft appears on the runway.

This does not happen without FSUIPC4 installed.

Hmm. FSUIPC wouldn't know or care about you changing any of that. Do you have anything using FSUIPC, or any Lua plug-ins being used?

Pete

Hi Pete,

I've attached the FSUIPC4.ini and Wideserver.log, although I did not start the wide client on my network.

As far as I know, I'm not using any LUA programs yet. This is a vanilla install in Windows 7 Pro 64.

Very weird, but it occurs systematically every time (2d/subsequent loading).

Patrick.

FSUIPC4.ini.txtWideServer.log.txt

Hi Pete,

the FSUIPC4 log was included in the first post. The only thing I see in the log is a big elapsed time (+- 10 minutes when time is changed):

733 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

733 Trying to use Simconnect Prepar3D

3229 Running in "Lockeed Martin Prepar3D v3", version 3.1.3.1

3229 Initialising Simconnect data requests now

3229 FSUIPC Menu entry added

3229 ...Prepar3D-Default.fxml

3229 ...Raptor.air

Here I change the  time from the menu

16833 system time ... simulator time...

17847 Starting everything now

the FSUIPC4 log was included in the first post. The only thing I see in the log is a big elapsed time (+- 10 minutes when time is changed):

733 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

733 Trying to use Simconnect Prepar3D

3229 Running in "Lockeed Martin Prepar3D v3", version 3.1.3.1

3229 Initialising Simconnect data requests now

3229 FSUIPC Menu entry added

3229 ...Prepar3D-Default.fxml

3229 ...Raptor.air

Here I change the  time from the menu

16833 system time ... simulator time...

17847 Starting everything now

Ah, you are not setting date/time/aircraft/airport within the initial selection screen? You are interrupting the loading process (before FSUIPC even gets to "Starting everything now")?

Even so, that seems to me to be a very short time -- less than 18 seconds from start of the session till ready to fly. Here FSX and P3D aren't ready to fly for a much longer time! (Maybe you don't realise, the numbers on the left are in MILLISECONDS, so 17847 is less than 18 seconds).

All that's happening when changing date or time or aircraft or airport is that all of the SimConnect interaction, getting the data requests initiated, are being interrupted and repeated. That can take a few seconds indeed, depending upon the complexity of your setup and the loading on SimConnect from FSUIPC and other add-ons.

Either set the date/time/aircraft/airport in the initial selection screen, which is designed specifically for that, or wait till you are ready to fly (this would be AFTER FSUIPC gets to "Starting everything now").

FSUIPC is not "proactive", but "reactive". It receives lots of data, but no more often than once per frame and only when it changes. But all of that data must be requested at the start, and you appear to be interrupting that process. Nevertheless, I am jealous of your short loading times -- your scenery and AI setup, for instance, must be fairly simple or default, as 16-17 seconds is very short especially if this includes seconds in the Menus setting the date and time.

Is the entire elapsed time of 17 seconds what you are calling a "long loading time"? I need to refer back (see later).

If you are not actually using FSUIPC (and from the INI file it appears you are not), and not actually using WideFA, why are they installed?

In your first message you said:

If I then go to the world/Time and season/Reset to system time/OK, the window "loading terrain data" appears and stays for about 10 minutes before the aircraft appears on the runway.

but this is obviously not borne out in the log. Honestly, FSUIPC cannot have anything to do with your terrain data taking 10 minutes to load -- FSUIPC itself is completely frozen out whilst FS/P3D loads anything, scenery, weather, aircraft, AI, whatever. So it is why your system is taking to long to read files which needs investigating.

Pete

Hi Pete,

thank you for investigating this as it is indeed really intriging.

Let met repeat my scenario with FSUIPC enabled  (and excuse my poor English):

. start P3D v3.1 with default start scenario

. Start scenario window appears in less than 10 seconds

. Click OK to launch the flight. Window "loading terrain" appears for less than 10 seconds and P3D is then ready to fly.

. Click on menu option and change the time to system time and click OK

. Windows "loading terrain data" appears and stays there for 10 minutes with CPU at 100%, before showing the Aircraft on the runway again.

Strange is that doing the same scenario without FSUIPC4 enabled, the second loading takes again 10 seconds.

In the log,you will see the time when the 2nd loading finishes :

19157 Advanced Weather Interface enabled

640166 Sim Stopped

(Yes, for the time being, I've disabled the loading of FSUIPC).

I'll be away today till the 20/1 and will not be able to use the sim, but will check your posts.

Again, thanks a lot Pete.

Patrick O

. start P3D v3.1 with default start scenario

. Start scenario window appears in less than 10 seconds

. Click OK to launch the flight. Window "loading terrain" appears for less than 10 seconds and P3D is then ready to fly.

. Click on menu option and change the time to system time and click OK

. Windows "loading terrain data" appears and stays there for 10 minutes with CPU at 100%, before showing the Aircraft on the runway again.

Strange is that doing the same scenario without FSUIPC4 enabled, the second loading takes again 10 seconds.

Yes, maybe, but this has just got to be something wrong in P3D. Maybe you should report it to L-M. FSUIPC is simply not in control, nothing like it, when P3D is loading files.

In the log,you will see the time when the 2nd loading finishes :

19157 Advanced Weather Interface enabled

640166 Sim Stopped

You said earlier that you changed the date/time earlier, before thew 18 second point ("Starting everything now").

That "Sim Stopped" is where you closed down P3D, as it evident in context:

17847 Starting everything now ...
    18034 Using "C:\Games\GoFlight\GFDEV.DLL", version 2.2.6.0
    18034 GoFlight GF45 detected: 2 devices
    18034 GoFlight GFP8 detected: 5 devices
    18034 GoFlight GFT8 detected: 2 devices
    18034 GoFlight GFRP48 detected: 2 devices
    19157 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled
   640166 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 20 secs = 19.9 fps
   647155 === NOTE: not calling SimConnect_Close ...
   648153 System time = 03/01/2016 18:03:59, Simulator time = 17:54:02 (23:54Z)
   648153 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

One thought has occurred to me. Could it be that the GoFlight driver is clobbering things? GFDev is only used when FSUIPC is enabled. Try renaming it -- pathname highlighted above. (The version of GFDev I use is 2.1.0.1 at present).

BTW why not set date/time/airport/aircraft in the initial selection menu? That's really the best place, and what it is for!

Pete

I have now managed to test this on my P3Dv3.1 installation, and the loading terrain progress is as normal, a few seconds only. I think you might need to go through a process of elimination. Certainly try without GFDev first, but also look at other add-ons or add-ins you might have installed.

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Pete,

It took a long time, but I have identified the program eating the CPU cycles as the GoFlight bridge (GFDevP3d.exe).

I mean that without having this program started automatically (via the exe.xml), then the loading of the scenery is normal.

It is probably related to the high number of GoFlight devices as not all of them are recognised in the GoFlight config program (although they all light up at boot time). It seems that the new Intel USB 3 controller does not accept as many devices than before (I did not have this issue with my previous machine).

Thanks again and have a great holiday break.

Patrick.

• 3 months later...

Hi Pete,

It took a long time, but I have identified the program eating the CPU cycles as the GoFlight bridge (GFDevP3d.exe).

I mean that without having this program started automatically (via the exe.xml), then the loading of the scenery is normal.

It is probably related to the high number of GoFlight devices as not all of them are recognised in the GoFlight config program (although they all light up at boot time). It seems that the new Intel USB 3 controller does not accept as many devices than before (I did not have this issue with my previous machine).

Thanks again and have a great holiday break.

Patrick.

Patrick, it is a known fact that GF doesn't work well with USB3. That's why before building my new system I researched the latest mobos for enough internal USB2.0 connectors. ASRock mobos usually still have 3 of them (internal connector can accommodate x2 USB ext.). So I added 3 external usb2.0 boards and used them for connecting hubs with my GF gear. 

Dirk.