The simFlight Network Forums

Do I Need to buy a new WideFS license when upgrading to FSUIPC4?

Hi!

This might be a simple question (actually it's 2 questions...), but I am a bit confused by simmarket's offers:

In 2006 I bought a license for FSUIPC3 together with WIDEFS6.

Now I want to buy FSUIPC4 and there is a lower price for buying it together with WIDEFS.

Do I Need to buy a new WideFS license for FSUIPC4? (Or does my license still work for FSUIPC4?)

Simmarket does not tell me, which version I will get.

The DEMO-download of the single WIDEFS7-buy-page point to http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/WideFS.zip

which contains a executable of version 6.999.

The official download page of schiratti also points to http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/WideFS.zip

Saying it's v6.995 and giving the same .zip file which contains 6.999

So is there a version 7.x at all?

Would I need a new license (compared to my license from 2006) for WIDEFS7 for working with FSUIPC4?

Regards

Sven

This might be a simple question (actually it's 2 questions...), but I am a bit confused by simmarket's offers:

In 2006 I bought a license for FSUIPC3 together with WIDEFS6.

Now I want to buy FSUIPC4 and there is a lower price for buying it together with WIDEFS.

Do I Need to buy a new WideFS license for FSUIPC4? (Or does my license still work for FSUIPC4?)

Simmarket does not tell me, which version I will get.

The DEMO-download of the single WIDEFS7-buy-page point to http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/WideFS.zip

which contains a executable of version 6.999.

The official download page of schiratti also points to http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/WideFS.zip

Saying it's v6.995 and giving the same .zip file which contains 6.999

So is there a version 7.x at all?

Would I need a new license (compared to my license from 2006) for WIDEFS7 for working with FSUIPC4?

Regards

Sven

With effect from FSUIPC4, WideServer, the FS end of WideFS, was re-written and built into FSUIPC for much more efficiency on the heavier system which FSX became compared to FS9 and before. Therefore the WideFS for FSX and P3D is a new product and needs a new licence purchased.

Wideclient remains the same so it works with a FS versions from FS98 through to P3Dv3.  Thus the pointers you found to the same main WideFS ZIP which contains valid documentation for both 6 and 7 and the WideClient.EXE you use on the clients. You simply don't use the WideServer.DLL.

This is all made clear in the documentation.

Please note I had to move your support request from the FAQ subforum to the main Support Forum for attention. Please post support questions here in future, not to the FAQ subforum.

Pete

Thanks to clearify this and sorry for posting in the wrong forum.

Now it's clear:

I mixed up WIDEFS-Server and Client (because simmarked links to the Client.zip as a demo of the (Server-)purchase...

I understand now, that the server is invisibly included into FSUIPC and functional, when a valid WIDEFS-license is entered.

And what I discovered then at simmarket:

"(...) in fact, may be installed on your system by any one or more of them already. For most such programs you do not need to actually purchase FSUIPC4."

So I wonder: Do I might already own a FSUIPC4 license by having a FSX-addon purchased like PMDG 737 NGX or Aerosoft Airbus X Extended?

How do I find out?

Is there a list of products, that contain FSUIPC already?

I did'nt see any information on that like "also contains FSUIPC4" on some addon-pages I checked.

Sven

Thanks to clearify this and sorry for posting in the wrong forum.

Now it's clear:

I mixed up WIDEFS-Server and Client (because simmarked links to the Client.zip as a demo of the (Server-)purchase...

I understand now, that the server is invisibly included into FSUIPC and functional, when a valid WIDEFS-license is entered.

And what I discovered then at simmarket:

"(...) in fact, may be installed on your system by any one or more of them already. For most such programs you do not need to actually purchase FSUIPC4."

So I wonder: Do I might already own a FSUIPC4 license by having a FSX-addon purchased like PMDG 737 NGX or Aerosoft Airbus X Extended?

No, there USER license is a license t use the USER facilities.  The applications interface into FS via FSUIPC, for those programs which use it (certainly not the ones you mention) is free to users and always has been.

Look at the FSUIPC user guide. It tells you what you pay for.

Is there a list of products, that contain FSUIPC already?

No programs "contain" FSUIPC. They may install an old copy, but they shouldn't overwrite a later one. Not so many programs use FSUIPC nowadays in any case, as it is supposed to be replaced by SimConnect. Those that do so in FSX/P3D either do so because they were originally written for FS9 or before, or because the author thinks FSUIPC is easier or more convenient.

Pete

• 7 months later...