The simFlight Network Forums

How about some applause for Vic and his team!!!

Avwriter

After four days with the new sim, I wanted to take a moment to offer a heartfelt kudos to Vic and the entire FeelThere team for this release.  All things considered, even before the first SP, Tower 3D runs remarkably smoothly, and has generally exceeded my expectations at this stage.  Last night, I played KLAX for an hour and a half, and nearly forgot that I was not sitting in a real control tower. 

Now to be sure, most of us, myself included, have not hesitated to give you a hard time over the few bugs, unpolished corners, and imperfections that we have managed to find.  We have also felt free to bombard you with our obsessive demands for more zoom options, smaller airplane icons, bigger clickspots, a first person view from the pushback truck, and jedi mind-control over the entire game :-)   But obviously, that's your own fault for not inviting all of us to be beta testers to begin.   Of course, if you would have done that, there would have been no one left to buy the game.  Anyway, don't forget we do love you and that all the hard work you have put into this project is greatly appreciated and respected.

P.S.  Don't worry, I promise we are not going to stop our complaining, nit-picking, and general b#ching any time soon.  After all, why do you think we are here? :-)  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Avwriter said:

After four days with the new sim, I wanted to take a moment to offer a heartfelt kudos to Vic and the entire FeelThere team for this release.  All things considered, even before the first SP, Tower 3D runs remarkably smoothly, and has generally exceeded my expectations at this stage.  Last night, I played KLAX for an hour and a half, and nearly forgot that I was not sitting in a real control tower. 

Now to be sure, most of us, myself included, have not hesitated to give you a hard time over the few bugs, unpolished corners, and imperfections that we have managed to find.  We have also felt free to bombard you with our obsessive demands for more zoom options, smaller airplane icons, bigger clickspots, a first person view from the pushback truck, and jedi mind-control over the entire game :-)   But obviously, that's your own fault for not inviting all of us to be beta testers to begin.   Of course, if you would have done that, there would have been no one left to buy the game.  Anyway, don't forget we do love you and that all the hard work you have put into this project is greatly appreciated and respected.

P.S.  Don't worry, I promise we are not going to stop our complaining, nit-picking, and general b#ching any time soon.  After all, why do you think we are here? :-)  

Here here, Avwriter!  I second this!  Although I would LOVE to see them include a Jedi mind-control over these in-game 'slow' pilots! 

Hats off to you, Vic and FT team!  Looking forward to many wonderful hours of 'controlling' traffic

I could not have said it better myself.

Even if it has been a bit of a bumpy "lift off", Vic and the team has been really responsive to our feedback and bug reports, and I must admit having been a beta tester on other games, the amount of attention to our feedback is way better than the beta testers got in some of the games I was beta testing.

Well done !

ps. Vic ... you should really try to sleep a some point, I hear it does wonders ;-)