The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Installer and dll.xml

Hi Pete,

Im using P3Dv3 with migrationtool

every time a new version is installed by the installer some of the other addons modules don't work.

(GSX and FSCopilot).

I always copy back the backup of dll.xml to get them work again.

Is it possible that the Installer does not alter the existing dll.xml if FSUIPC is already listed in the dll.xml?

Hi,

the problem is mostly the migration tool that fakes a installed FSX version in P3D folder.

You should find any information about the problem in the Installer log file, located in Moduls folder and the folder where the installer was running from.

Just copy and paste the content of the FSUIPC4 Install.log into a message here.

Thomas

20 minutes ago, Roland said:

Im using P3Dv3 with migrationtool

Ugh! Those awful things are a pain. They mess up the installation entries in registries and don't repair them afterwards! Bad news all round.

21 minutes ago, Roland said:

I always copy back the backup of dll.xml to get them work again.

Why? What changes in the DLL.XML which mucks them up?

Is it possible that the Installer does not alter the existing dll.xml if FSUIPC is already listed in the dll.xml?

It doesn't change it if the FSUIPC4.DLL entry is in the right place.

What is the difference between "before" and "after" which is messing other programs up?. There's no way I know it can possibly do that. Unless you show me the two results I can't really help you!

Pete

Ugh! Those awful things are a pain. They mess up the installation entries in registries and don't repair them afterwards! Bad news all round.

Very sorry to do so, but we have to use FSCopilot on our clubserver and without patching it wont work.

What the installer does, even when there is no need to update, cause the last version is already installed, is to

reorder the entries in dll.xml.

Several add ons do not like that, I suppose.

Regards

Roland

dll.xml

dll Original.xml

Aha! 

in your original, FSUIPC4 is in the wrong place. It should be right near the end.

There have always been TWO modules which like to only be at the end of the DLL.XML file -- one is the ASN one (as_btstrp.dll) and the other has always been, for as long as I can remember, FSCopilot.dll. So when my Installer checks that FSUIPC is in the correct position (virtually at the end), it simply makes sure both of those are placed AFTER it!

Are you now reporting that after all these years FSCopilot have changed their methods and need to go before everything else? I can easily just ignore FSCopilot -- it's less code for me, but there were always problems when FSUIPC followed FSCopilot in the list. When did this change?

And why do you move FSUIPC4 away from the end? That's not right.

Pete

I think I have to ask the programmer of Migration tool. It's the Migration tool who reorders the entries in that way.

I can only say, one file works, the other not, that's all.

And its not me who moved any entry anywhere.

That's all complicated stuff, I would be happy if we had a new online client other then FSCopilot, so 

that there is no need for any migration tool.

So for me its OK to copy back my backupfile.