The simFlight Network Forums

.BAT FILE ERROR

Gazdon

Hi Henrik

This surely does run the file but there is no game log produced This was tried early on when the game was released and I was told by support to right click admin. There are others who are having the same issue. I have reinstalled twice with no difference.

This is what is inside my bat file

tower3d.exe -logFile game.log

just right click on the bat file and click edit

check thats what inside your bat file and you can change this to another path so the game.log goes somewhere else if there is a problem with user rights to as an example

tower3d.exe -logFile d:\game.log

and then save

On 6/17/2016 at 7:02 PM, Gazdon said:

Is there any chance that the.bat file error can be fixed. Without running this I can't post log.

TO CONFIRM RIGHT CLICK .BAT FILE DOES NOT RUN JUST FLASHES THEREFORE NOT PRODUCING LOG

Well you can try running the file as administrator if you have Windows 10.  Or you can open an administrative command prompt window, change to the Tower 3D directory and type in the command:

tower3d.bat
or
  tower3d.exe -logFile game.log

Any errors encountered will show in the window.

Administrative command prompt window:
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=administrative%20command%20prompt%20windows%2010

Change to the Tower 3D directory. If you have the Steam version the command would be:

cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Tower 3D"

You must use the quotes, because of the spaces in the directory path and special characters.

If you are running the FeelThere version, someone else will have to tell you which directory it is.  It may be:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Tower 3D"

To digress, this brings up an interesting point.  If your OS has to be 64 bit to run the game, why is the program n the Program Files (x86) directory and not the Program Files directory. DOH!

RickyJ