The simFlight Network Forums

One button for 2 actions + sutters

MOVED TO SUPPORT FORUM!

Please always post support requests to the Support Forum, not to a referece suforum where it won't be answered!

Hi Pete,

We are assigning some button to FSUIPC and we would like to assign two actions on only one button. (For Exemple assigning to only Button 1 of joystick Taxi light and Landing light)

I think this isn't possible by FSUIPC display interface but it's possible on FSUIPC.ini ?

And if it's possible, how I must edit FSUIPC.ini to do that ?

---------------------------------------------------------

Another point, We are using a lot of FSUIPC offsets and it's create some sutters (micro freeze about each 4-5 seconds), so how can we optimise FSUIPC.ini or on other to bypass that ?

If I don't use FSUIPC offset there are less sutters (but always some very little sutters each 10 seconds) and If I completely uninstall FSUIPC there aren't any sutters. On our FSUIPC.ini autosave is unactive.

Thanks for answer,

King regards

30 minutes ago, NewConcept inforatique said:

MOVED TO SUPPORT FORUM!

Please always post support requests to the Support Forum, not to a referece suforum where it won't be answered!

Hi Pete,

We are assigning some button to FSUIPC and we would like to assign two actions on only one button. (For Exemple assigning to only Button 1 of joystick Taxi light and Landing light)

I think this isn't possible by FSUIPC display interface but it's possible on FSUIPC.ini ?

Yes. Assign it to the first action in the Option settings, then find the entry in the INI file and add another line with the other action. The format of the entries is described in the Advanced User's guide, and the complete list of FS controls, giving you the numbers to use, is in a PDF in your FSUIPC Documents folder.

32 minutes ago, NewConcept inforatique said:

We are using a lot of FSUIPC offsets and it's create some sutters (micro freeze about each 4-5 seconds), so how can we optimise FSUIPC.ini or on other to bypass that ?

Why are they causing stutters?  That makes no sense.  Offsets are just values in memory, just as fast to change, or erven faster, than any other FS control action. What sort of things are you expecting offset changing to accomplish?

Without any information about what you are doing I can't really help. Obviously changing offsets for, say, time of day, will cause a very long hesitation -- the scenery would reload.  Some things don't take any time at all, other things may invoke lots of action in FS which does take time -- loading a different aircraft or plan, for example.

What has the INI file to do with offsets? Do you mean you are assigning to the Offset controls?

Pete