The simFlight Network Forums

Opencockpits Yoke and Rudder adjustment problem

Hello Pete

I have a new yoke and rudder peddels of opencockpits. I can also configure the FSUIP correctly.

However, I have the problem that I can control with the Yoke the plane on the ground now.
Before I had a yoke of poldragonet and Saitek peddals. There I could not steer with the Yoke on the ground.

Do you know rat?

I am using the P3D V3 and FSUIPC 4.957 with Win10.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards
Urs

1 hour ago, Ursli80 said:

However, I have the problem that I can control with the Yoke the plane on the ground now.
Before I had a yoke of poldragonet and Saitek peddals. There I could not steer with the Yoke on the ground.

The yoke's aileron axis will control the steering with the option set so in P3D. This is a facility for those without pedals. See if something has switched that on.

If the option is still off, then the most likely thing is that you have the yoke double-assigned, maybe in P3D as well as FSUIPC. You should always disable controllers in P3D if you are assigning in FSUIPC.

FSUIPC will only control rudder if you tell it to, i.e. assign to the rudder control.

Pete

Hello Pete

I checked everything again yesterday and checked through the P3D.

It is disabled all axes and so on and in addition the hack is set.

So the P3D can not get any commands.

I have also reset both cards in the gamecontroller.

However, I can still steer the plane by yoke.

Regards
Urs

4 hours ago, Ursli80 said:

However, I can still steer the plane by yoke.

Well, it won't be FSUIPC doing it, unless it is being told to operate the rudder.

You should disable controllers in P3D, not "disable all axes". You can leave all the P3D assignments alone -- just disable controllers. Far safer.

Try enabling Fthe Event and Axis logging in FSUIPC's Logging Tab. Switch P3D to Windowed mode first and enable the Console Log (on the Logging Tab). Then you can see which controls are being sent to P3D when you operate the yoke.

Pete

Hello Pete

Sorry for my wrong statement.
Of course, I just deleted the axis assignments in the P3D. I have only for test purposes the check box activated and thus everything switched off respectively suppressed.

I will make this again as described by you.

Regards

Urs

Hello Pete

In the logg window, I see that everything is normal.

In the display SYS synonymous everything works normally and it is only moved, which I also move.

Somewhere the Yoke must go to the Rudder. Unfortunately I can not find it out.

Best Regards
Urs

1 hour ago, Ursli80 said:

Somewhere the Yoke must go to the Rudder. Unfortunately I can not find it out.

I don't remember off-hand, but it is somewhere in aircraft realism options in FS and presumably P3D.

Pete

[LATER]

Okay, loaded P3D to take a look. it's the "Autorudder" option in Settings-Realism (as, in fact, it was in FS).

Pete

• 4 weeks later...