The simFlight Network Forums

P3D runs in the background Part Deux

Hello Pete,

FYI,

I followed some threads between you and LM regarding this issue. Just to inform you that I updated P3D to HF3 (with the latest FSUIPC) and the dreadful black screen with P3D running in the background is back. Corrupt dll.xml again. The sim works after removing the addon entries. I will add them back one by one and hope for the best.

The same for me. 

P3D HF3 + FSUIPC 4.961 registered. I've got black screen when starting  P3D. Blocking FSUIPC in dll.xml or reinstalling FSUIPC helps for 1-2 new P3D runs...

PS. Sometimes when starting P3D I've got a message states something like: "you have another FSUIPC installed (/running?) ..."

Any advices?

Best regards

1 hour ago, cniedzi said:

The same for me. 

P3D HF3 + FSUIPC 4.961 registered. I've got black screen when starting  P3D. Blocking FSUIPC in dll.xml or reinstalling FSUIPC helps for 1-2 new P3D runs...

PS. Sometimes when starting P3D I've got a message states something like: "you have another FSUIPC installed (/running?) ..."

Any advices?

Best regards

Yep, same here, I had this : "you have another FSUIPC installed (/running?) ..." a few times. I killed the "phantom P3D" process with task manager and the message disappeared.

So far reloading the addons - instead of simply adding the addons entries in the dll.exe file - is the way to go. Reloaded the sim many times today without issues. It remains a very bizarre problem.

Hope this helps.

Mario

39 minutes ago, Beege said:

Yep, same here, I had this : "you have another FSUIPC installed (/running?) ..." a few times. I killed the "phantom P3D" process with task manager and the message disappeared.

So far reloading the addons - instead of simply adding the addons entries in the dll.exe file - is the way to go. Reloaded the sim many times today without issues. It remains a very bizarre problem.

Hope this helps.

Mario

Hi Mario,

Would you mind listing how it is that you achieved this? I'm guessing you were able to keep using v4.961?

I'm running FSUIPC, ASCA+AS16, FSL A320, PMDG 744, GSX (licensed), FSDT airports, UK2000 and Flightbeam.

Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, Beege said:

The previous session of P3D hung, instead of crashing. I'd be interested to see the FSUIPC log file from such an incident, to see whether it closed properly as it seems to do in the other cases, even though P3D did obviously crash, possibly unnoticed, on exit.

Pete

11 hours ago, Beege said:

Hope this helps.

Mario

Hi Mario,

How to reload addons instead of adding entries in dll.xml?

regards

10 hours ago, Sumits81 said:

I'm running FSUIPC, ASCA+AS16, FSL A320, PMDG 744, GSX (licensed), FSDT airports, UK2000 and Flightbeam.

Any Lua plug-ins at all?

Can you try setting this parameter in the FSUIPC4.INI [General], please, and let me know:

CallSimconnectEnd=No

Earlier versions of P3D had a problem with crashes or hangs when closing which occurred when FSUIPC closed its connection. That seemed to have been fixed in 3.4 so I then defaulted it to "Yes", but mayby the more recent version(s) of P3D have re-introduced this bug. 9L-M have never admitted to a bug even though the crash was always deep into P3D code).

I still think making P3D close cleanly at the end of the session is the only way to fix the restart crashes, which are still a complete mystery as none of the software involved is running at the time of those crashes, and there's really nothing changed by reinstalling FSUIPC.

Pete

2 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Any Lua plug-ins at all?

Can you try setting this parameter in the FSUIPC4.INI [General], please, and let me know:

CallSimconnectEnd=No

Earlier versions of P3D had a problem with crashes or hangs when closing which occurred when FSUIPC closed its connection. That seemed to have been fixed in 3.4 so I then defaulted it to "Yes", but mayby the more recent version(s) of P3D have re-introduced this bug. 9L-M have never admitted to a bug even though the crash was always deep into P3D code).

I still think making P3D close cleanly at the end of the session is the only way to fix the restart crashes, which are still a complete mystery as none of the software involved is running at the time of those crashes, and there's really nothing changed by reinstalling FSUIPC.

Pete

As mentioned in the other thread, I don't use Lua or Linda scripts. 

12 minutes ago, Sumits81 said:

As mentioned in the other thread, I don't use Lua or Linda scripts. 

Okay. even more mysterious then, because the main changes 4.959 to 4.961 were to Lua terminations, to solve problems mainly with LINDA, but possibly with other scripts.

Pete

I have to report, that I have with 4.961 again the "vanishing issue" as I have reported it in the other long thread some weeks ago.

After I send my PC to sleep or shutoff for some time and restart it, P3D stays in the background after start.

Disabling FSUIPC solves it OR reinstalling 4.961!

Exact same behave as it was with v 4.959.

4.960 was without issues, not a single failure.

Win 10 64, P3D HF2 (not 3!)

strange ...

23 minutes ago, guenseli said:

Disabling FSUIPC solves it OR reinstalling 4.961!

Exact same behave as it was with v 4.959.

4.960 was without issues, not a single failure.

This gets weirder and weirder. The ONLY change was moving the memory check to its own thread. 

What if you disable the memory checker again?

Can you always check the event viewer to see if P3D crashed on exit from the previous session, and also if FSUIPC's log shows a proper close? 

Pete

15 minutes ago, cniedzi said:

It's strange, but I think the deletion of "Previous Flight" two files helped in my case. I will confirm when the issue will arise again.

That's strange. I tried that but didn't make a difference. Let us know how you get on after a few restarts.

If anyone in this thread wants to help solve these problems, please see the pinned thread at the top of the Forum and send me an email. I've only got one kind volunteer so far, but also an update to FSUIPC for testing. but I am not posting links here as I want to retain control for now.

Pete