The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 4.963f P3D Problem back

Hi Pete,

FSUIPC 4.963 works very good.

Today i install 4.963f an the problem is back that P3D is starting an then P3D in going from the screen.

In the Taskmanager is P3D running. I have this problem for weeks. You fixed the Problem - at this time is it back.

Many Users had this problem...

Sorry about my bad englisch..

Frank

2 minutes ago, f.skywalker said:

Today i install 4.963f an the problem is back that P3D is starting an then P3D in going from the screen.

That was the problem in 4.963e. It happened here too in 4.963a through e, but only on Win10. It is not in any way related to any previous problem, it is new and related to joystick scanning.

Please add these lines to the [General] section of the FSUIPC4.INI file

Debug=Please
LogExtras=x200000

Then repeat the problem and show me the resulting Log file. I also will need to see your FSUIPC4.INI file please.

This was all discussed in the thread about "Volunteers to test FSUIPC joystick scanning" above.

Pete

17 minutes ago, airforce2 said:

4.963f crashes on startup in P3D 3.4.22 on Win 10.  Logs and ini file attached.

Thanks. Despite the new scanning working now on my only Win10 installation, it seems obvious that the nice neat new joystick scan cannot work on Win10. Which is a shame, because it is on Win10 that most of the Joystick ID problems are seen.

Very annoying.

I will revert to the old method (saved all the old code) and make another release, which will be the same as 4.963 but including the fix for your Throttle Sync problem.

I'll save the new scan code and maybe ask folks to try again in, say, 6 months, in the hope that Win10 might be fixed.

Pete

Oh sorry that was from the other day previous post I was just looking to see if others had problems made me realise that the other machine I had was windows 7 where it worked ok must be something to do with 10 as I have never got it to work on this machine, I know its not hardware as i have xplane and everything is hunk dory there,strange it installs ok and axis is recognised when you choose the axis tab, calibration tab  are those numbers supposed to move mine stay static cannot remember if that was the case before. I think I will probably have to uninstall it and make do with the standard controls., it does connect though because the buttons work ok

16 minutes ago, Kevin Oconnor said:

Oh sorry that was from the other day previous post

Okay, I saw that you'd posted your settings just after I answered here. I've already looked and answered. Basically, there's no Win10 or other similar problem to anything here. You are simply doing everything wrong in FSUIPC. I've explained what in the other thread.

Pete

Good morning Pete,

thanks for your good Support.

I will waiting for the new Version from FSUIPC.       (Win 10 and X52 Pro ist crazzy !!!!)

Before i make a Change or a install in my Module Folder i make a copy of it.

So i am save and can go back without Problems.

Maybe you can integreate a scrippt that save the old FSUIPC Version to go back. Like Ezdok 2.

When you update the new Version the old  Version will be zippt.

Greatings from EDDM

Frank