The simFlight Network Forums

Traffic Limiter

Hi,

as you can find on page 60 in FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf in Modules\FSUIPC Documents\ folder by searching for 'Limiter':

Appendix: The Traffic Limiter facility

The Traffic Limiter is enabled by parameters in the INI file or, more easily,
by setting the desired limit in the edit box for this on the lower right corner of the Miscellaneous options tab. 
[Traffic Limiter]
TrafficLimit=0
GroundPreference=50
PlannedAirportsPreference=50
AirportPreference=50
NearerPreference=50
TargetFrameRate=0

The limit set to 0 switches the facility off.
The other parameters determine how to decide which ones to delete when the limit is breached. ...

Thomas

Thanks Tomas,  can you tell me the last fsiupc module that doesn't have the Traffic Limiter, & can it be downloaded ?  The Traffic Limiter  gives me problems, as does AirCraftManager app. 

Thanks,

Somewhere between 4.957 and 4.957n as in its changes pdf:

- 28. A Traffic Limiter option is now provided

But there is no download link because older versions are not supported.

If the setting as described is set to 0 (zero) , it will not do anything (TrafficLimit=0).

If it still does interfere please describe exactly what are the symptoms. In which way is AirCraftManager app involved, I would have guessed it manages only Aircrafts?

Thomas

How do I get to the Traffic Limiter option ?   Even if traffic set to 0, I still get unstable, & CTD.  AirCraftManager  has been around for some time.  I guess it does something similar as Traffic Limiter.   If I remove FSUIPC module all works fine, but I need the other benefits of it.

Thanks,

Hi,

How do I get to the Traffic Limiter option ?

This is the Traffic Limiter Option.

[Traffic Limiter]
TrafficLimit=0
GroundPreference=50
PlannedAirportsPreference=50
AirportPreference=50
NearerPreference=50
TargetFrameRate=0

The value 0 will disable the Traffic Limiter (Option).

Even if traffic set to 0, I still get unstable, & CTD.

Best would be as always to provide your FSUIPC4.ini file and the FSUIPC4.log file, both located in the Modules folder. Just copy and paste its FULL content into your message here.

AirCraftManager  has been around for some time.  I guess it does something similar as Traffic Limiter.

As I said I still don't have an idea what that program is doing. A search on google didn't help either ...

Thomas

On 3/5/2017 at 3:18 AM, kifp said:

Can Traffic Limiter section be removed from the .ini so it doesn't come back ?   If not how to make it do nothing, all zero's ?   I just want to do some testing.

The limiter is NOT enabled by default in any case. As the documentation tells you, you enable it by setting a non-zero limit, which you can do in the Sim on the Miscellaneous tab in FSUIPC Options, and disable it by setting 0 there. It is not necessary to edit the INI file at all 

Pete