The simFlight Network Forums

tower 3d pro keeps crashing

biosuit

Hello,

I have just purchased tower 3d pro. It keeps crashing and windows wants to close it. I have attached some of the error logs. Also this came up from windows:

Description:

A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: AppHangB1

Application Name: tower3d.exe

Application Version: 5.4.4.14695

Application Timestamp: 585414fe

Hang Signature: 6c1c

Hang Type: 0

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Hang Signature 1: 6c1cc126ef1961b1357834d36bca6a92

Additional Hang Signature 2: ffa2

Additional Hang Signature 3: ffa28b0dd54088f7586a4f870fdca8e7

Additional Hang Signature 4: 6c1c

Additional Hang Signature 5: 6c1cc126ef1961b1357834d36bca6a92

Additional Hang Signature 6: ffa2

Additional Hang Signature 7: ffa28b0dd54088f7586a4f870fdca8e7

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Best regards,

Marco

error.log

error.log

error.log

error.log

game.log

Hi,

After resetting pc it took longer but another crash.

Description:

A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: AppHangB1

Application Name: tower3d.exe

Application Version: 5.4.4.14695

Application Timestamp: 585414fe

Hang Signature: 6c1c

Hang Type: 0

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Hang Signature 1: 6c1cc126ef1961b1357834d36bca6a92

Additional Hang Signature 2: ffa2

Additional Hang Signature 3: ffa28b0dd54088f7586a4f870fdca8e7

Additional Hang Signature 4: 6c1c

Additional Hang Signature 5: 6c1cc126ef1961b1357834d36bca6a92

Additional Hang Signature 6: ffa2

Additional Hang Signature 7: ffa28b0dd54088f7586a4f870fdca8e7

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Hope this can be fixed as it is unplayable at the moment with these crashes!

Best regards,

Marco

game.log

crash.dmp

error.log

output_log.txt

2 hours ago, biosuit said:

Is this being looked into please?

Probably not until tomorrow.  I like to give the support team the weekend off, although some of them, and I won't mention any names, but Vic has a tendency to not be able to contain himself :)

But I have to ask: Are you running the program as Administrator?

RickyJ

Can anyone assist me in what I'm doing wrong. When I first installed Tower3D Pro I installed it alongside the original Tower3D. Everything worked OK except KJFK. I tried several times to install the add-on & when the game started (run using Administrator authority) KJFK never appeared. I've uninstalled everything. Today however I thought I'd just install Tower3D Pro on it's own & then install the add-ons(Real Traffic & Real Color & KJFK, KSAN). Now I've loaded everything in Tower3D Proo none of the airports load up & run:-

TSIT - sound comes through OK when loading & the loading arrow goes up to 27% & thats it.

KPHL - sound comes through OK, but loading arroe stays at 0%.

KJFK - sound comes through whenloading, but arrow stays at 0%. But then radio messages are heard such as the 1st plane requesting pushback followed by a Fed Ex flight requesting permission to land, but the loading arrow stays at 0%.

KLAX - sounds come through whilst loading but the loading arrow gets to 27% & doesn't go any further.

KSAN - sound comes through OK, but loading arrow gets to 27% & doesn't go any further & then a window appears to say program has stopped working & needs to shut down.

What I want to know is should Tower3D be installed & then install Tower3D Pro along side it or should Tower3D Pro be able to run on its own without the original Tower3D Pro?

Tower3D Pro is not an add-on.  It is a stand -alone product and does not require the standard version, or any add-ons.  It should run fine all by itself (although it will have fake airlines instead of real ones).  Lets try approaching this from a strictly logical approach.  Some questions may sound silly, but I'd like to start with being sure we are all on the same page:

1.  What kind of computer are you running it on?  CPU/Laptop, processor, memory, video card.  In short, does it meet the minimum requirements? 

2. Have you tried running Tower 3D Pro BEFORE installing any of the add-ons?    If not, then please try uninstalling everything, then reinstall just Tower3D Pro by itself (no add-ons at all) and see if it runs?  IF IT DOES, this will tell you that something went wrong when you were installing one or more of the add-ons.  IF IT DOES NOT, this will tell you that either there is a problem with the file you downloaded, OR that there is some incompatibility issue with your computer.

Andrew

Andrew, sorry for the delay I am currently re-installing Tower3D Pro on its own. The details of my PC are:-

Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight Core Processor 3.50Ghz

16Gb RAM

OS - Windoewws 10

System Type: 64 bit-Operating System, x64-based processor

The graphics card is set at the maximum level Tower3D can operate at & is more than capable of running it as Tower3D ran no problem. I've re-downloaded everything & extracted eveything into a folder on the desktop with a view of pasting the various folders into the main folders of Tower3d Pro to see if that cures the problem. Many thanks for your advice.

Further to my last post I can now confirm that I've got Tower3D Pro to work OK on all the airports TIST, KPHL, KLAX, KJFK & KSAN with Real Traffic. Although KSAN loaded up to 99% & stayed there. After closing & re-running Tower3D Pro I went through all the other airports & they worked OK. On my 2nd attempt of running KSAN that has now run OK. Thanks to all who assisted me in this.