The simFlight Network Forums

TOWER!2011:SE HAS BEEN RELEASED

FeelThere_Vic

Dear Folks,

We just released Tower!2011:SE on Steam.
What is Tower!2011:SE? It is pretty much an optimized Tower!2011, with fixed follow company, full Windows 10 compatibility and it also got the voice recognition from Tower!3D for even better reliability. 

Tower!2011:SE is available on Steam.
This time we are not offering discount for previous customers but Tower!2011:SE sells for $24.99 now, but for a week we even offer and additional 40% discount from this low price (selling to a little less than $15).

We added 5 of the airport DLCs for $9.99 already and please expect the rest of the catalogue to follow. Fully compatible with the Nyerges Design Real Traffic, Real Color add-ons (Tower!2011 versions).

Thank you

Vic

Hi

I've been away for a while so my apologies if this is answered some where obvious.  If it is I'm just not seeing it.

Will this be a Steam only release?

I looked on ATCSuite and didn't see it.

BTW, congrats on the new release.  :-)

Thanks

2 hours ago, FeelThere said:

Yes, this is a Steam only release for now. We'll see if we release it on ATCSuite in the future, but it was meant to be released on Steam.

Oh OK.

Looking at it now, I realize that SE may mean Steam Edition.  At first I took it to mean Second Edition.  :-)

I thought I would purchase from steam as it was on offer and to take advantage of the new features. But I seem to be having a problem with it. It loads fine, and the first aircraft calls up, as soon as I click on aircraft to give instructions the brite,adirs,command bar and arrivals/departure strips disappear and I'm unable to do anything. When I press esc they all appear for a split second along with exit game yes or no box and then disappears again. The only way to exit is ctrl,alt and delete button. I've never had these problems when purchasing from feelthere. Has anyone else who purchased tower!2011 SE have this problem.

Russell

1 hour ago, Bill Smith said:

Hi Vic there is no Tower2011 SE folder there is a Steam folder and a shortcut to the game on the desktop this the way Steam installed the game after I purchased it

Bill

You should find it in:  Steam/Steamapps/Common/

On 5/6/2017 at 3:31 PM, Russellfire said:

I thought I would purchase from steam as it was on offer and to take advantage of the new features. But I seem to be having a problem with it. It loads fine, and the first aircraft calls up, as soon as I click on aircraft to give instructions the brite,adirs,command bar and arrivals/departure strips disappear and I'm unable to do anything. When I press esc they all appear for a split second along with exit game yes or no box and then disappears again. The only way to exit is ctrl,alt and delete button. I've never had these problems when purchasing from feelthere. Has anyone else who purchased tower!2011 SE have this problem.

Russell

Hi Russel,

Please to run it in windowed mode. We are aware of this issue and we will look into this.

Vic

• 2 weeks later...

Just downloaded SE version today hoping Tower!2011 would finally work on my Win10 machine, but it doesn't.

I get the menu screen, select LAX with 24L and 25R as active runways then hit start.  It starts loading but when the progress bar gets 3/4 done I get:

"Tower!2011 SE has stopped working...A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

This is the same exact error I got after spending over $200 a couple months back to get Tower!2011, several airport add-ons, Real Traffic and so on...this is a real let down.  I used to play Tower!2011 on an older Win7 machine for hours without a hiccup. I love this sim when it works.

On 08/05/2017 at 10:44 AM, FeelThere said:

Hi Russel,

Please to run it in windowed mode. We are aware of this issue and we will look into this.

Vic

Eric, I had a problem with tower2011 SE, as mentioned above. Have you tried what vic advised me to do.

Russell

9 hours ago, Eric Donaldson said:

Just downloaded SE version today hoping Tower!2011 would finally work on my Win10 machine, but it doesn't.

I get the menu screen, select LAX with 24L and 25R as active runways then hit start.  It starts loading but when the progress bar gets 3/4 done I get:

"Tower!2011 SE has stopped working...A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

This is the same exact error I got after spending over $200 a couple months back to get Tower!2011, several airport add-ons, Real Traffic and so on...this is a real let down.  I used to play Tower!2011 on an older Win7 machine for hours without a hiccup. I love this sim when it works.

Did you post your log file?

Vic