The simFlight Network Forums

Joystick change guid

Hi

I have Saitek X56 Rhino Hotas. The stick´s guid seams static but my throttle guid appear being dynamic in fsx?

The fault is in the ini file, the guid is wrong. If you change it, restart fsx is work againg. Any suggestions?

Glad to be back after seven year :)

37 minutes ago, freddehboy said:

I have Saitek X56 Rhino Hotas. The stick´s guid seams static but my throttle guid appear being dynamic in fsx?

The fault is in the ini file, the guid is wrong. If you change it, restart fsx is work againg. Any suggestions?

Both the X55 and X56 have these problems, with two devices associated with each unit (stick & throttle = 4 devices!), one good and one bad. There are many threads on this here, mostly up till recently about the similar X55. That was what the pinned thread at the top of the Forum was about.

Currently the work-around is to change the GUID in the INI,, but I have been working full time on this for the last two weeks or more and hope to arrive at a proper solution in due course. I'm hoping I can finish it before i go on holiday next week, but it's tight. Else i'm back on the 25th and will get it finished then. Luckily one kind user has sent me his now disused X-55 to do tests with.

Incidentally, the GUID shouldn't need changing again unless you are unplugging the device and/or moving its connection.

Pete

On 5/4/2017 at 1:51 PM, freddehboy said:

As I said, I was lucky enough to get the similar X-55 donated for testing.

To start with one part worked, and the other didn't. Then I got them both working and my USB hub blew! With the new one they decided to change GUIDs quite oddly -- one took a GUID previously associated with the other. Weird. They've actually changed in ways that FSUIPC would have lost them at least twice.

Anyway, in the end I decided my code was too complicated and i didn't understand it any more. It's grown horribly over the years. So I chucked it all and started with a fresh plan. This was on Wednesday night. I completed it yesterday, tested it and did some corrections this morning, and I've just uploaded it as 4.966m for folks to try -- but, as I said, I'm away on Wednesday for two weeks so I don't want any feed back till 25th May! ;-)

Please see the Download Links subforum for details.

DO keep your current FSUIPC4.DLL and INI files safe to restore in the event of problems. When you do (later) send me feedback (positive, hopefully!) please include not only the LOG and INI files but also the new FSUIPC4.JoyScan.csv file. That files saves a real heap of logging!

Pete