The simFlight Network Forums

Odd throttle input problem

Hi Pete

I am getting reports from users having problems with throttle inputs via FSUIPC in P3D with the recently released Milviz F-4E ADVanced product.

I am masking the axis throttle set events from the simulator and redirecting them into my own code which then sets the throttle position A variable. When I try passing the inputs through FSUIPC on my side (I make sure that there are no throttle input events in P3D's controls) I get no problems, both when I use Send Direct to FSUIPC Calibration and Send to FS as normal axis.

However, some of our users are getting an odd problem where they can provide throttle inputs and our code gets it but then the throttles get reset back to idle when the hardware axis stops moving.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jonathan Bleeker

Milviz Systems Programmer

20 minutes ago, Naruto-kun said:

However, some of our users are getting an odd problem where they can provide throttle inputs and our code gets it but then the throttles get reset back to idle when the hardware axis stops moving.

Any ideas?

None really. Something else must be sending the idle values.  Logging might show what controls are being sent, but the source could be other assignments in FSUIPC or in P3D, or even thid party software. Obviously check first that controllers are disabled in P3D.

Pete

Do I understand correctly that if passed through FSUIPC calibration, FSUIPC won't even trigger the axis events in FS, but will write the throttle values directly to the sim variables?

3 hours ago, Naruto-kun said:

Do I understand correctly that if passed through FSUIPC calibration, FSUIPC won't even trigger the axis events in FS, but will write the throttle values directly to the sim variables?

It depends on the assignment and the calibration.

With PMDG aircraft in particular, and I think the Aerosoft Airbus, it is inadvisable anyway, no matter how FSUIPC does it, to use FSUIPC calibration for the throttles, because even if it uses events it has to feed them in at a lower priority that those aircraft monitor them. FSUIPC has to do this to avoid feedback loops. Those aircraft take the values at the same priority level that FSUIPC does, though FSUIPC bypasses that level if you elect to "send direct to FSUIPC calibration". Then those aircraft probably don't see it at all, and the FS engine beneath changes without their control -- which may or not be a good thing.

Pete