The simFlight Network Forums

Tower 3D and KSAN - PINK

jwyman

I have Tower 3D SP 2 installed and then installed KSAN. I have nothing but a pink screen after it loads the KSAN entry....

I have uninstalled Tower 3D and cleaned registry. Re-installed Tower 3D and then KSAN. Still same issue.

Attached is log file

Jim

game.log

Just now, Avwriter said:

Be sure that yo installed all of the RCs to the folder Tower3D/Extensions/Airplanes.  A while back, someone had installed it to the wrong place ans was having this problem.

Andrew

I have actually un-installed and re-installed Tower 3D and KSAN, nothing else. I didn't install the RC pack yet. still same issue.

Just now, jwyman said:

I have actually un-installed and re-installed Tower 3D and KSAN, nothing else. I didn't install the RC pack yet. still same issue.

Vic from FeelThere (above) asked about the name of your installers.  He meant the actual name (word-for-wrod of the Tower3D and KSAN files you downloaded from FeelThere or ATC Suite. i.e   KSAN_for_Tower3D_SP2.  He wants to make absolutely sure that you downloaded the correct files.

Andrew

32 minutes ago, Avwriter said:

Vic from FeelThere (above) asked about the name of your installers.  He meant the actual name (word-for-wrod of the Tower3D and KSAN files you downloaded from FeelThere or ATC Suite. i.e   KSAN_for_Tower3D_SP2.  He wants to make absolutely sure that you downloaded the correct files.

Andrew

Tower3D_SP2.exe

KSAN_for_Tower3DPro_SP2.exe - emailed shows "Thank you for purchasing ATCSuite - KSAN for  Tower!3D"

19 minutes ago, jwyman said:

Tower3D_SP2.exe

KSAN_for_Tower3DPro_SP2.exe - emailed shows "Thank you for purchasing ATCSuite - KSAN for  Tower!3D"

Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like your installer is the issue. Below is from the read_me_first.txt file included in KSAN_Installer_Tower3D.zip.

Please use KSAN_for_Tower3D_SP1 for the non Pro version and KSAN_for_Tower3DPro_SP2 for the Pro version.

Craig

Just now, crbascott said:

Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like your installer is the issue. Below is from the read_me_first.txt file included in KSAN_Installer_Tower3D.zip.

Please use KSAN_for_Tower3D_SP1 for the non Pro version and KSAN_for_Tower3DPro_SP2 for the Pro version.

Craig

Well that's unsat..... Not what it says on the website....Needs to be better clarified on the site

7 minutes ago, jwyman said:

Well that's unsat..... Not what it says on the website....Needs to be better clarified on the site

Actually, what you may need to do is download and install the latest version of Tower!3D - SP3 came out a couple of weeks ago. That more than likely is your issue.

Just now, crbascott said:

Actually, what you may need to do is download and install the latest version of Tower!3D - SP3 came out a couple of weeks ago. That more than likely is your issue.

Where do you find this stuff... I have been on the Feelthere site and cant' find downloadable/support files...

44 minutes ago, jwyman said:

Where do you find this stuff... I have been on the Feelthere site and cant' find downloadable/support files...

Just go back to the original email you received after purchase with the download link.  It should still work, but the file will have been replaced with a newer one.

Andrew

33 minutes ago, Avwriter said:

Just go back to the original email you received after purchase with the download link.  It should still work, but the file will have been replaced with a newer one.

Andrew

Mine came through Wilco Publishing...It stills says SP2 for Tower 3D

33 minutes ago, jwyman said:

Mine came through Wilco Publishing...It stills says SP2 for Tower 3D

Then you will need to contact Wilco and ask them to update their files.  I have heard of this kind of thing happening with Wilco a few times in the past.  Hopefully Vic will see this and also send them a note.  A word of advice for the future (I am a fellow customer - and do not represent FeelThere).   If you purchase directly from FeelThere/ATCSuite, you will always have access to the most current versions. 

Andrew

Just now, Avwriter said:

Then you will need to contact Wilco and ask them to update their files.  I have heard of this kind of thing happening with Wilco a few times in the past.  Hopefully Vic will see this and also send them a note.  A word of advice for the future (I am a fellow customer - and do not represent FeelThere).   If you purchase directly from FeelThere/ATCSuite, you will always have access to the most current versions. 

Andrew

I was fearful of this...I wonder if I should just get Tower 3D Pro instead.....be done with it....

Just now, Avwriter said:

Then you will need to contact Wilco and ask them to update their files.  I have heard of this kind of think happening with Wilco a few times in the past.  Hopefully Vic will see this and also send them a note.  A word of advice for the future (I am a fellow customer - and do not represent FeelThere).   If you purchase directly from FeelThere/ATCSuite, you will always have access to the most current versions. 

Andrew

+1

And it's usually cheaper on the FeelThere site and they have occasional sales that you will not see on the other sites.  

6 minutes ago, crbascott said:

+1

And it's usually cheaper on the FeelThere site and they have occasional sales that you will not see on the other sites.  

Just purchased 3D Pro! Thanks for all your help.....Wil my RT and RC work with Pro?