The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC5 sim version at offset &H3308

Thanks Thomas and noted. Seems offset &H3124 (labelled specific version of FSX or P3D being used) reports by now a value of 51 (and not 40 to 4x for P3Dv4 as expected) but not a problem as far as we know it is like that ;-)

Hervé

2 hours ago, herve_sors said:

Thanks Thomas and noted. Seems offset &H3124 (labelled specific version of FSX or P3D being used) reports by now a value of 51 (and not 40 to 4x for P3Dv4 as expected) but not a problem as far as we know it is like that ;-)

It isn't too late to change this. I think it's a result of the internal referencing of the difference sims. I can make 3308 give 9 or 10, whichever is next, and 3124 give 4x as you expect. They were both probably oversights in any case, with rather more things occupying my mind.

I doubt if anyone else is affected yet. Version 5.102 will be released as soon as i've resolved a couple more problems. Shall i "fix" it in that release? Or just document the anomalies?

Pete

Thanks Pete. Some of my analysis/tracking programs were affected and I already adapted them to correctly identify P3Dv4 from FSUIPC5. So, on my side, better not to change anything unless you have other requests to do so. Documentation would be fine enough.  

15 minutes ago, herve_sors said:

Some of my analysis/tracking programs were affected and I already adapted them to correctly identify P3Dv4 from FSUIPC5. So, on my side, better not to change anything unless you have other requests to do so.

I think i went to 12 for 3308 because I did think, early last year, that the DTG 64bit version of FSX would be ready long before P3D 64 bit.  So, yes, I think I'll stick tothat.

3124, however, is calculated from the real version number of P3D, and it actually should be reading 40 at present. I've no idea how it gets to 51. I'm investigating.

[LATER]

Aaaarggghhh! Somehow it got the Version reading mixed up -- the 51 you are getting is the FSUIPC version number (from 5.1xx)!

Duh! :-( Fixing now.

Pete