The simFlight Network Forums

Constant variable 5.102 in P3Dv4

Hello,

Reading $0BB4 elevator position indicator always reads 2210.

I am using windows 10 64 Bit with P3Dv4 and FSUIPC 5.102. I wrote a program in Delphi X reading various parameters like $0BB8 aileron position. All are responding as expected only $0BB4 reads the constant value of 2210. I am not 100% sure but I think it was reading correct before. I reduced the dead band in the calibration window to zero, now this variable only, reads 2210. I use the non registered version of FSUIPC. This problem is with the A2A C172 aircraft, not with the stock Bonanza. In the 3D cockpit the elevator is moving as normal. Can anybody give me a hint? Do I go to A2A? Thanks.

Edited by ajvbun
more information

15 minutes ago, ajvbun said:

I am using windows 10 64 Bit with P3Dv4 and FSUIPC 5.102. I wrote a program in Delphi X reading various parameters like $0BB8 aileron position. All are responding as expected only $0BB4 reads the constant value of 2210.

It's definitely okay here, in the currently supported version 5.103. It reads well in FSInterrogate and using the Monitor in FSUIPC's logging tab.

Check yourself. FSInterrogate is provided for things like this. Here's an illustrative extract from my FSUIPC5 log with 0BB4 monitored in FSUIPC Logging:   238479 Monitor IPC:0BB4 (S16) = 1027
   238494 SimRead: 0BB4="ELEVATOR DEFLECTION PCT"
            FLT64: 6.26886082863
   238978 Monitor IPC:0BB4 (S16) = 1284
   238978 SimRead: 0BB4="ELEVATOR DEFLECTION PCT"
            FLT64: 7.83683873683
   241162 Monitor IPC:0BB4 (S16) = 1541
   241162 SimRead: 0BB4="ELEVATOR DEFLECTION PCT"
            FLT64: 9.40482524299
   243424 Monitor IPC:0BB4 (S16) = 1798
   243424 SimRead: 0BB4="ELEVATOR DEFLECTION PCT"
            FLT64: 10.97281841
   243751 Monitor IPC:0BB4 (S16) = 2058
   243751 SimRead: 0BB4="ELEVATOR DEFLECTION PCT"
            FLT64: 12.561212578

I use the non registered version of FSUIPC. This problem is with the A2A C172 aircraft, not with the stock Bonanza. In the 3D cockpit the elevator is moving as normal. Can anybody give me a hint? Do I go to A2A?

Well, obviously, if it is only with the one aircraft, not with any defaults, then it is a problems with that aircraft. Maybe it needs something else sorted in the system to free the elevator, or maybe they don't use the default elevator simulation but their own. The FSUIPC offsets reflect what the sim does, and cannot always be relied on for aircraft which do their own thing.

Pete

Dear Pete,

thank you very much for your quick answer and pointing me to the FS-Interrogate2std utility program. I installed it and copied fsuipc.fsi into the same directory. Running this application shows the same behavior on $0BB4 for the A2A C172 and it is fixed to the value 2210. In P3Dv4 I can fly this aircraft normally and I see the control column moving forward and backwards by using the keyboard and / or using a yoke. If I understand you well, this presentation if the yoke elevator position is bypassing P3D? Thanks.

Hi,

I just checked that with FSX-SE and A2A 172R, it seems they use that as a base pitch control in Yoke neutral position. The value here is dependent also on ENG rpm and speed. In case A2A controls like PMDG does direct via SimConnect, they might use it direct for flight dynamics simulation instead of static values in the air file only.

FSUIPC is not involved in that process and it is not related to P3Dv4 only but also already to FSX and P3Dv3. I would worry about it but the position indication Offset for elevator is not usable to represent the elevator position because of the way A2A uses the elevator.

Thomas

Thanks for this answer. It makes me wondering how FSUIPC obtains information to fill the shared memory array. I assume simconnect is used and that A2A does not conform to the FSX definition in its simconnect implementation? I appreciate that you cannot talk for A2A, but do you agree my conclusion?

Just now, ajvbun said:

It makes me wondering how FSUIPC obtains information to fill the shared memory array. I assume simconnect is used ...

Yes, about 99% of the informstion is populated by requests made to Simconnect, which then provides updates and they change.

4 minutes ago, ajvbun said:

... and that A2A does not conform to the FSX definition in its simconnect implementation?

There are a number of add-on aircraft which have their own subsystems as the authors decided that the FS/P3D implementation doesn't do the job they need. PMDG, FSLabs, A2A and some of the Aerosoft implementations (the advanced Airbus) are this way. Some sub-systems are partly or moslty done in a standard way, others not at all.

Pete