The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 5.103b CH Fighterstick not active after start

Hi Pete

When I boot win 10 Pro and check with “devices and printers” the game controller settings of the CH Fighterstick it is ok( buttons and axes work)
When I start P3DV 4.0.28.21686 the buttons and axes of the CH Fighterstick are not active.
The other devices work fine.
When I open the FSUIPC GUI select axes assignment and “reload all assignments” buttons and axes of the CH Fighterstick are active ( I can use them).

Best regards
Stefan

FSUIPC5.log

3 hours ago, Stefan01 said:

When I start P3DV 4.0.28.21686 the buttons and axes of the CH Fighterstick are not active.
The other devices work fine.
When I open the FSUIPC GUI select axes assignment and “reload all assignments” buttons and axes of the CH Fighterstick are active ( I can use them).

The log shows the same FSUIPC joystick scan results both times. The FighterStick is seen and assigned as loy #0 both times. But I also see that you are loading up LINDA, and within 8 seconds of that loading you go into the Options and do your "reload" action. So maybe LINDA is still doing something for those very few seconds you allowed? Have you tried without LINDA?

The only other possibility is that the device is going to sleep during the 8 minutes (nerly) it appears to take for your system to get ready. To check that waglle each axis and click each button. It should, theoretically, then wake up. FSUIPC is not doing anything different on the second scan you force than it did on the first.

Best in any case to go into Windows Device Manager, find all USB devices listed, and going into their Properties. If there's a power management section, make sure the power saving is turned off. Having Windows remove power from devices, which it does by default, is the main way folks controls seem to go dead.

Pete

Pete/Stefan

i am using the same CH Flightstick with FSUIPC 5.103 (formal) and LINDA 3.0.0 beta in my role as LINDA Support Developer  I am not seeing any disconnects. Without full LINDA verbose logging Stefan I can not see what LINDA is doing.

The disconnecting/reconnecting of HID devices is a Windows function as Pete says and the Win10 power saving is a known problem with higher powered USB devices like Saitek Radio/Mulit Panels. 

Pete/Scot
thanks for your quick answer.
I have no powersaving function set in WIN 10 and if I leave the pc for hours without action, all the devices still work.
I have now set P3d so that it will start without any addons. It takes  50 seconds to start, the most time was used to load the AI aircraft from MTL for IVAP.
I have done 3 tests with different config.
1.)    Start P3D and FSUIPC only. I renamed the Lind.lua to Linda.lua.txt. to prevent the loading of the lua file. In that case the CH Fighterstick is ok.
2.)    Start P3D and FSUIPC  but in that case with Lind.lua . But in Linda settings I have unchecked start GUI with sim. Anyhow I got the message Linda restarting pls wait… and Linda ready
In that case Ch Fighterstick was not working .But I can “repair” as written above.
3.)    Start P3D with Start P3D and FSUIPC  and in Linda settings I have checked start GUI with sim. That is how I normally start.
…and in that case Ch Fighterstick was not working. But I can “repair” as written above.
I used Linda 3.0.0.689 and I enclose the FSUIPC  and the Linda log  from the test No. 3
So it seems that the problem is more LINDA related. After Scotfleiger is already reading this do you think I should writte this again in the Linda forums?
Thanks again
Stefan

FSUIPC5.log

linda2.log

linda2.log.debug

Edited by Stefan01
I have made a seconf Linda.Log with level debug. I pressume it has the same name so I added ...debug at the end.

Pete/Scot,

I was able to solve the problem. Due to the fact that somehow the problem startet with the start of Linda I checked which files are relatetd to the devices. I found in linda-cfg the file config-hid.lua and restored an older version. That solved the problem. Somehow something became mixed up in this file.

Thanks again Stefan