The simFlight Network Forums

Unpublished limitations without voice-recognition

quixote

Bought the Tower 3D Pro today - without checking that my windows 10 allows speech-recognition. I thought, at the voice-recognition was a part of the Tower 3D Pro. As I have Danish language on my windows 10 platform, its not possible to activate speech-recognation.

That means, that several important commands like 'taxi via ..' is not possible. According to the manual, you can only use many commands in voice-mode. So I could as well has bought the standard issue of Tower 3D.

Have I missed anything in the manual?

If you have USA english on the WIN settings and downloaded the USA voices pack and tested out the mic settings then do the following.

Most of the time issues with things not working at startup seem to be Admin Rights therefore if you open the directory where FEELTHERE is installed right click to bring up a list with Properties being at the bottom -- Security,   then allow Permissions for all your group and users names by ticking every thing you can,  Do the same for Tower3d Pro Applications found in the Feelthere folder and the same for MNWINDOWS. Applications  You can start Pro from Tower 3d Pro using right click Run as Admin.as well as the Icon on the Desktop. Failing this I suggest a new install and  check the above.  Best of luck

12 hours ago, winsaudi said:

To get the voice commands to work you must set your computer language to US English. Try that.

I dont want to change my whole windows-platform to another language than Danish, just because of one application.

There are two ways of giving taxi commands via a specific route: by selecting the taxiway with the mouse or by simply typing it in the command bar after selecting the taxi commands with the mouse..

Don't need voice for that....

If you need more help feel free to ask, in this forum help is usually available very fast...

Grtz

Willem

Using the mouse for routing is straightforward. After you select the destination (such as 25R), right click on the taxiway(s) you want the plane to use in the ADRIS before clicking send. This also works for intersection takeoffs. After you select the runway, right click on the intersection you want to use before clicking send.

5 hours ago, quixote said:

I dont want to change my whole windows-platform to another language than Danish, just because of one application.

Then you will not be able to get T3D Pro with voice which is a pity because it is a great feature.