The simFlight Network Forums

P3D v4 atc menu - can text be 'captured'

5 hours ago, srm said:

Is there anyway to have access to the displayed atc text in P3d?  In VR the menu doesn't show up.  If I could capture it as text, I could have a text to speech program tell mw what is being displayed.

In P3D3 I can capture the SimConnect style menus, like those from GSX and ProATC/X, but never the default ATC.

With P3D4 I am waiting for L-M to implement suitable facilities, which are sort of half-promised. Whether they'll also cover the default ATC is unlikely, however, as the easiest implementation would be to intercept and pass on the data from the SimConnect calls.

Pete

• 9 months later...
On 8/13/2017 at 4:00 PM, Pete Dowson said:

In P3D3 I can capture the SimConnect style menus, like those from GSX and ProATC/X, but never the default ATC.

With P3D4 I am waiting for L-M to implement suitable facilities, which are sort of half-promised. Whether they'll also cover the default ATC is unlikely, however, as the easiest implementation would be to intercept and pass on the data from the SimConnect calls.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Any update to this regarding capturing the ATC menu with your latest FSUIPC (5.13+) and WideClient (WideClient 7.146) updates?

Also, with regard to the SimC menus (GSX for example), I find that when the menu disappears from the screen automatically after it's timeout that the event.textmenu does not fire off sending a msg count of 0 in order for me to clear my menu. Is that by design? I get the event when I close the menu manually.

Thanks,

James

6 hours ago, 737-SimGuy said:

Any update to this regarding capturing the ATC menu with your latest FSUIPC (5.13+) and WideClient (WideClient 7.146) updates?

No, L-M have only implemented the capturing of the SimConnect texts and menus. This was really the main expectation. Inbuilt stuff like ATC is a different matter altogether. If this is a requirement in any demand then those needing it should tell L-M.  I must admit that I've not found this to be the case -- most folks with such sophisticated needs have surely moved to better ATC solutions?  There's no shortage.

6 hours ago, 737-SimGuy said:

Also, with regard to the SimC menus (GSX for example), I find that when the menu disappears from the screen automatically after it's timeout that the event.textmenu does not fire off sending a msg count of 0 in order for me to clear my menu. Is that by design? I get the event when I close the menu manually.

I don't get notification of that, yet -- same as when Menus are closed. This seems to be set to be fixed with the next P3D4 update though.

Pete