The simFlight Network Forums

Recommended update/DLC procedure for Tower3D Pro?

Pdubya

Vets:

Can someone take time to explain how Tower!3D Pro and FeelThere requires you to upgrade/patch when a new version of a product comes out? I currently own everything except San Diego and its associated Real Traffic Color package.

So, now that Las Vegas/+RC is out and also an update to Real Traffic, I am considering purchasing them. I am wondering how the Real Traffic update is accomplished. Do I have to go back to the site and redownload every single RT file and then install them again? Or are the changes to other airports all in one file? Are there any boobytraps I should know about with this whole process before I get halfway in and realize I screwed up?

Inquiring controller newbs want to know!

Thanks much,

Paul

Real Traffic is a single install. So, find your original email and click the download link which should pick up the latest version - in this case it is SP5.

The recommended install order is the base Tower program (you only need to do this if there is a patch or if it is a brand new install), airport add-on(s), Real Traffic, Real Color(s).

The only real gotcha is the installation programs. Nyerges has made their installers somewhat intelligent. Assuming you use the default folders you should be ok. FeelThere's airport installers seem to point to the non-Pro folder. So, if you have Pro you need to make sure and point to your Pro root folder.

To add some clarification to Real Traffic. It is NOT airport specific. As airport add-ons are released Nyerges will create a service pack that will add the airport to the Airfields folder along with all the pertinent files (schedule, terminal, etc.). So, for example, I downloaded and installed SP5 for real Traffic which created the KLAS folder (SP5 also included a new KPHL schedule). If/when I get around to buying KLAS I will install it and I'll be ready to go (I shouldn't need to re-install RT).

Hope this helps and doesn't cause further confusion.

Craig

• Upvote 1

I don't have the original download link anymore. My email that i purchased Real Traffic with says the download link expires in 7 days, and now when I to the download link it says its invalid or expired.

This should definitely be easier.. IDK why there isn't a public update link, where i can just go to download the update straight.

8 hours ago, Overloader said:

I don't have the original download link anymore. My email that i purchased Real Traffic with says the download link expires in 7 days, and now when I to the download link it says its invalid or expired.

This should definitely be easier.. IDK why there isn't a public update link, where i can just go to download the update straight.

Likely you didn't purchase it from us as we don't expire the link after 7 days...
We can't make it any simpler than this; just re-download it. 

Vic

2 hours ago, FeelThere said:

Likely you didn't purchase it from us as we don't expire the link after 7 days...
We can't make it any simpler than this; just re-download it. 

Vic

Just to clarify, he said in 7 days, that doesn't mean he bought it yesterday.  The download links DO have an expiration date on them though.

From the email I received after buying KJFK Color on August 29th
"The above password information expires on Sunday, February 25, 2018. Please make sure that you download the product(s) before this date."
The link leads to bmtmicro

11 hours ago, Overloader said:

If you're reading the email that says it will expire on X date, then THAT is your original download link.  You should have your authentication code in there as well.

It's still valid for 7 days, so you should be good to go.