The simFlight Network Forums

Disabling controlls during flight

Hi im sure you know the enable controllers option in the settings/other to disable controlls.

i like to do that during flight beacuse somtimes i touch my stuff during flight.

now i started using fsuipc for my flight controlls. so i wanted to know if there is any way i can disable fsuipc controlls during flight. and then re enable

them.

and one more question the diffrence between the flight controlls of the sim and the flight controlls of fsuipc is that the yoke moves faster?

means more fps on the yoke like in x plane...

thank you.

Eytan

Hi,

there is no control in FSX/ P3D to do so.

But by using a Lua script you can use Offset 0x32F6 and 0x32F8 to inhibit controls by writing the corresponding Bit(s) in regular intervals.

32F6  2  FSUIPC selected technical option inhibits.
Set bits here to turn off specific options and prevent the user turning them back on, for a limited time (max 14 seconds). To keep options turned off you need to write this mask at regular intervals (e.g. every 5 seconds).
Note that this is not obeyed if the user has selected to option to disallow all external control of his options. If he has done this, you can detect it by reading this location back within the time limit. If it is zero, not the value written, then the user is preventing your control over his settings. Bits allocated are as follows (bit 0 = 2^0 bit), but support for most of these isn’t planned for FSX at present in any case.
0 Reverse elevator trim sense
1 Fix control accelerations
2 Rudder spike elimination
3 Elevator spike elimination
4 Aileron spike elimination
5 Autopilot altitude fix (enable V/S sign corrn.)
6 Extend battery life
7 FS clock seconds sync

32F8  1  This provides options to inhibit certain aircraft operations, for
use in breakdown or precise control implementations. Set individual bits for individual subsystems. Currently the following are available, all related to hydraulic power:
2^0 Set to inhibit flap operation
2^1 Set to inhibit spoiler operation
2^2 Set to inhibit gear operation
2^3 reserved
2^4 Set to inhibit Engine #1 reverser
2^5 Set to inhibit Engine #2 reverser
2^6 Set to inhibit Engine #3 reverser
2^7 Set to inhibit Engine #4 reverser

Note that these stop operation from axis and button controls very well, and also from key presses and mouse clicks—but in these latter two cases it is done by detecting a change in the system and changing it back. This works, but the device will sometimes try to move, and this can be noticeable, especially for some reason with the flaps—the indicator gives a little jump and the noise briefly starts.

Thomas 

2 hours ago, Thomas Richter said:

Hi,

there is no control in FSX/ P3D to do so.

But by using a Lua script you can use Offset 0x32F6 and 0x32F8 to inhibit controls by writing the corresponding Bit(s) in regular intervals.

Thomas 

I just need to disable my yoke.. isnt there any simple option to do so? like in the p3d v4 settings/other/enable conrollers?

On 3/16/2018 at 1:47 AM, Eytan_ofir said:

one more question the diffrence between the flight controlls of the sim and the flight controlls of fsuipc is that the yoke moves faster?

No. The "speed" of yoke movement (really "sensitivity" -- it isn't the "speed" of the yoke, but that of the controls movement -- i.e. ailerons and elevator), is controlled solely by your calibration. With FSUIPC you can calibrate to suit your controls and your needs. As well as setting the range of movement there are "slopes" which can make it less or more sensitive in the central area.

Calibration, including slopes, operates on the controls in the aircraft, not on the axis itself, and can be used no matter where you assign the joysticks themselves. The assignment in FSUIPC is mainly useful for having different assignments for different aircraft, automatically changing depending on the aircraft being loaded. This is by "Profiles". The calibration facilities also fall into Profiles, so you can have more sensitive controls for stunt planes and fighters, and less sensitive for airliners.

"fps" = frames per second, which is only a measure of the sim's performance on your particular PC system. It isn't related to yokes etc.

15 hours ago, Eytan_ofir said:

I just need to disable my yoke..

Why have you got a yoke if you want to disable it to fly? What's the point?

I think you need to explain your actual need, as what you are asking isn't making sense.

Pete

42 minutes ago, Eytan_ofir said:

as i said in my post. somtimes during flight i touch my controlls. thats why i need to disable them

But surely during flight you ALWAYS touch use your controls. That's how you control the flight! How are you flying without controls? Always using only the keyboard? If so, why have the controls?

Pete

11 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

But surely during flight you ALWAYS touch use your controls. That's how you control the flight! How are you flying without controls? Always using only the keyboard? If so, why have the controls?

Pete

You do not understanding me... of course while takeoff and landing i ALWYAS touch my controlls but i need to disable my yoke during cruise!!!! is there anyway to do it or not?

1 hour ago, Eytan_ofir said:

i need to disable my yoke during cruise!!!!

Do you mean "flying on autopilot" by any chance?

I think you are seeking the wrong solution. That is why it is always better to state the problem you are wanting to solve than to ask for a solution without explaining the reasons.

You still need controls, and most aircraft (even Sim aircraft) will not mind the odd movement of the controls without cutting autopilot out. But it is unrealistic to disable the controls altogether. In an emergency you need to be able to take over quickly, and that is by moving the controls more than just the odd nudge.

If you cannot avoid moving the controls whilst on autopilot, or they are jittering and therefore causing involuntary A/P disconnect, then you just need a wider null zone -- i.e. in FSUIPC calibration terms, more of a range between the two "centre" positions you've calibrated. If you aren't calibrating in FSUIPC then just extend the dead zone in the sim.

Pete

8 hours ago, Eytan_ofir said:

Im just going to clear the asiiments in cruise and redo them before descend.

That's a very very strange way of using a simulator, and totally unnecessary. But please yourself. You don't seem to want to accept help.

Pete

2 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

That's a very very strange way of using a simulator, and totally unnecessary. But please yourself. You don't seem to want to accept help.

Pete

First there wasent any help for what i ask thats why i never say what my need is i say what i want to do. Beacuse then it turns into a disscation about should i do it or not and thats not what i asked. What i asked is if there is an element in fsuipc to disable controlls for a time period and then renable. Thats it

17 minutes ago, Eytan_ofir said:

What i asked is if there is an element in fsuipc to disable controlls for a time period and then renable. Thats it

Well, the first answer you got told you the method, but it involves some progrmming in Lua.

The reason this isn't a facility offered as a normal user option is that it such a weird thing to want to do, for the reasons I stated. And if it is just because of accidental movement of the controls whilst on autopilot there are proper recognised and normal ways to deal with that, as also stated.

Whether you believe me or not it is much easier to meet folks' needs if those needs are properly understood. I'm afraid that, despite my asking, you've not actually explained enough for myself of my colleague to understand your need. You only keep explaining an implementation you think you require, not the reasons.

Pete