The simFlight Network Forums

transfering FSUIPC4 settings

Thomas thanks for your reply. I did as you recommended. In addition, I reloaded key presses and axis assignments and removed all assignments from P3Dv4. FSUIPC is not recognizing the 737TQ. My yoke and rudder pedals are also not functioning in the PMDG NGX. 

13 hours ago, tgroth said:

Yes all three work in the default raptor

that seems to conflict with this:

6 hours ago, tgroth said:

No they are not functioning as previously set up in  FSUIPC4

Which is true?

Is the FSUIPC5 installation on the same PC as the FSUIPC4 one?

Are you using Joy Letters? Check the INI file -- maybe the devices have been interchanged?

Also, when you say something is "not functioning" you need to differentiate between "not detected in the assignments tab" and "not acting on the aircraft as i would expect (or not at all).

Pete

Hi Peter,

1)  Is the FSUIPC5 installation on the same PC as the FSUIPC4 one?  Yes it is on the same computer

2) Not familiar with the term Joy Letters please explain

3) Not acting on the aircraft controls at all. The Saitek yoke and rudder pedals along with the JetMax 737TQ work with the default P3D Raptor but do not work with PMDG 737NGX

29 minutes ago, tgroth said:

2) Not familiar with the term Joy Letters please explain

It's the subject of a complete Chapter in the FSUIPC User Guide, the one entitled
Keeping track of multiple control devices ("Joy Letters")

It's a way for FSUIPC to keep trak of the Windows-assigned joystick numbers so the assignments don't change when Windos changes the assigned numbers for any of a number of reasons. It is pretty important when you have multiple controllers installed and assigned in FSUIPC.

29 minutes ago, tgroth said:

Not acting on the aircraft controls at all. The Saitek yoke and rudder pedals along with the JetMax 737TQ work with the default P3D Raptor but do not work with PMDG 737NGX

Well, if they are working with your FSUIPC assignments and calibrations in default aircraft, that is really all FSUIPC can do for you. It knows nothing special about aircraft which do their own thing like the PMDG ones. most folks say thay have success provided they don't assign "Direct to FSUIPC Calibration" but to the FS Axis controls instead, and, for most axes,  don't calibrate. i think this is because PMDG read the values directly from the main inputs, not from the values injected into the Sim.

I assume you are only talking about axis assignments, not buttons as well? You seem to imply that.

I don't actually have any or use PMDG aircraft, so you might be better off checking on thePMDG forums for help. All I can really say is that if FSUIPC is doing its job for the default aircraft,, thaen it is performaing correctly.

[LATER]
One other thing. It occurred to me that you may have been using Profiles before for the PMDG aircraft? It might be that you are using aircraft names which have been changed in the newer versions of those aircraft.

Since you've not provided any FSUIPC INI file for checking you settings, I can't really comment in detail.

Pete