The simFlight Network Forums

LUA for X-Plane in Linux

I wish to assign functions to a CH Eclipse yoke. As things stand, the yoke cannot be reliably calibrated using the built-in X-Plane routines. This yoke is not directly supported by X-Plane whereas the Saitek Pro yoke is.

Does anyone on these boards have any experience which would be relevant to me?  It's been suggested that I use Lua to write scripts to control the various functions.

I do not know if this is possible in Linux X-P.  If it is, I would have to learn some LUA language  but I do not know where to begin. 

I know, the simplest solution would be to buy a Saitek Pro yoke on ebay, but I like the Eclipse, and I don't like to be beaten.

Thanks for any help. 

4 minutes ago, John Fee said:

I do not know if this is possible in Linux X-P.  If it is, I would have to learn some LUA language  but I do not know where to begin. 

You'll need to find the XPUIPC support forum to ask about its Lua support. We don't deal with X-Plane here.

To learn Lua the best place is the Lua.org website. There are several good books around too, available directly or through Amazon. For FSUIPC there are many Lua examples installed in the FS Modules\FSUIPC Documents subfolder.

Pete

Thank you very much for your reply, Pete.

The XPUIPC developer does not host a forum and as far as I can see all development work has stopped.  I will email him but am not hopeful.

I will follow up your reading suggestions,  your FS Lua examples will help with context. 

Regards,

John

14 minutes ago, John Fee said:

I will follow up your reading suggestions,  your FS Lua examples will help with context. 

Yes, but it will be no use making a Lua plug-in for XPUIPC if it doesn't support plug-ins, so that's the first thing to ascertain.

Pete