The simFlight Network Forums

WideFS support

Hi Pete,
after solving the problems I had with FSUIPC I ask you to help me with WideFS.
I started WideFS on a computer other than the one running FSX SE and opens a blank page that just tells me "Connected". I tried to use FSUIPC on the computer with FSX to intercept the pressure of a button on the other PC, but did not see it. Why?
With WideFS I would like to operate the Saitek Instrument panel on a second PC. Will I be able to do it?
My two PCs use Windows 10 64-bit.
Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2018 at 10:29 PM, Tommaso Carbone said:

I started WideFS on a computer other than the one running FSX SE and opens a blank page that just tells me "Connected".

You don't need a blank page. Just reduce it to the title bar only if you want to see that it is connected, or you can edit the WideClient.INI faile and change the option for the Window there. You can have it minimised, or hidden as well as visible. Check the options for the Visible= parameter in the WideFS Technical guide (page 10).

I tried to use FSUIPC on the computer with FSX to intercept the pressure of a button on the other PC, but did not see it. Why?

WideClient only detects buttons on standard Windows-compatible joystick type devices. If Windows detects it in its Game Controller app, then so will WideClient. Press and release button events are then transmitted to FSUIPC in the sim PC.

So, where are you looking? You'll see them in the Buttons & Switches tab in FSUIPC Options, and that's where you assign them. 

Maybe you are thinking your existing assignments to the same device before you moved it would still apply, but that is not the case. The Joystick numbering a different for every PC. This is to enable multiple different functions to be assigned, maybe for Pilot and Co-pilot separately, for instance. it is the main advantage of having devices connected to client PCs.

On 4/11/2018 at 10:29 PM, Tommaso Carbone said:

With WideFS I would like to operate the Saitek Instrument panel on a second PC. Will I be able to do it?

The buttons and switches, yes, but if it has displays then no, those aren't supported directly even in FSUIPC, let alone WideFS. You'd need a separate program, or possibly a Lua plug-in to WideClient. The Lua libraries support any HID device but you need to know a bit about programming or scripts.

Pete