The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Inverting my Commands

Hi I have a weird problem. I am trying to configure a new throttle quadrants  idle and cutoff levers. The keyboard commands for this (PMDG 737) is ctrl+alt+F1, F2, F3 and F4. I bring up FSUIPC and button and switches then check for key press. I hit the set button and input the key press that should be ctrl+alt+F3 but what shows up in the box is alt+ctrl+F3 just the opposite of what I intended. I changed the command to ctrl+shft+F3 and inputted that as well. What shows up in the box is shft+ctrl+F3. No matter what I do I get the opposite. Any ideas would be greately apricated.

Thanks Mike Stout

Edited by mike stout
spelling

I've moved your post to the FSUIPC Support forum, as you posted to the forum for the FSUIPC client.DLL, which is a programmers tool. Pleasedo choose the correect place in future.

5 hours ago, mike stout said:

I hit the set button and input the key press that should be ctrl+alt+F3 but what shows up in the box is alt+ctrl+F3 just the opposite of what I intended.

They are the same thing!!! The order of the shift keys is irrelevant as no action is taken until the main key is pressed!

5 hours ago, mike stout said:

I changed the command to ctrl+shft+F3 and inputted that as well. What shows up in the box is shft+ctrl+F3. No matter what I do I get the opposite.

Not opposites, identical!

Why do you think they are wrong? How do you think the order of keys detected and acted upon together matters -- only the main activation key, the text or function key, does anything. The ancillary or shift keys merely set flags saying they are pressed!

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

I have no Idea why they are wrong. Instructions that came with my new 737 throttle showed me these steps. All I know is that the idle and cutoff don't work. PMDG says this is the command, ctrl+alt+F3 for idle. So when input that into FSUIPC for some reason It inverts. I change PMDG to reflect the inverted command and it reinverts to the original command. I figured it might me my wireless keyboard. I get a wired keyboard and get same result. Its no help when I use 70321 with custom control. I not trying to say its your program and knowing just how quirky my computer is I always think it my issue.  I have only been adding hardware for the last couple of years but I have always paid for the use of FSUIPC maybe five times thinking this is for someone who cares about my hobby.

Hi,

do you care about the order of the commands or does the command combination not work?

As Pete clearly pointed already out the order of ALT + CTRL doesn't matter at all, as long the KEY (letter / num / F1-12 / Del / Back / ...) was pressed last. The reason is that programs trigger the Key and only check if nothing or ALT or CTRL or SHIFT was pressed in addition (or multiple together + the KEY). That means the order FSUIPC sends the combination doesn't matter, as long the KEY is the last part.

Thomas

Thanks for getting back to me. I don't care what key order they fall in. In the PMDG CDU you can find control stand commands. I have changed the commands in the CDU to just "F3" but, nothing I seem to do work. I will work with it and at some point I will find a way. Thanks for getting back to me though..

Mike