The simFlight Network Forums

Offset with special parameters

Hi Pete, 
I'm trying to set some swithc, rotaries and buttons in my cockpit from the new maddog. 
From the fsuipc event list, the offset are very clear. 
For example:
switch apu offset: 69836 with parameter: 16777216 and off 167777217....perfect in fsuipc

I have problems with encoders. Inoted offset 69656 but for example the heading change with value incrementale 000 001 002 003 etc and dec 000 359 358 357...

so for the parameters in fuispc i have no solution and in fact dont work the encoder.

which parameter can put in orde to capture and follow the numbers incremental and decremental?

many thanks,

Simone

5 hours ago, sisoffi said:

I'm trying to set some swithc, rotaries and buttons in my cockpit from the new maddog. From the fsuipc event list, the offset are very clear. For example: switch apu offset: 69836 with parameter: 16777216 and off 167777217....perfect in fsuipc

Sorry, there is no "offset 69836". Offsets, normally known in hexadecimal, run from 0000 to FFFF.  Possibly you mean "control"?

69836 is well outside the range of normal FS or P3D controls, so I assume you are talking about a "custom control", for the MadDog ...  documented in its documentation? You say "FSUIPC event list", but I don't publish an event list featuring such a control!

So, I'm afraid i know nothing about this. I think you need help from wherever you got your information.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks Pete. I wanted to understand this thing. 
If you notice from the event list that the parameter is the value of the heading for example. 
What would you try to put in the parameter in fsuipc? 
I tried to write him to increase by +1, but in the mcp I see the change of the last digit of the header in 1. 

thanks

On 6/1/2018 at 9:56 AM, sisoffi said:

I wanted to understand this thing. If you notice from the event list that the parameter is the value of the heading for example. What would you try to put in the parameter in fsuipc?

What event list? My list of controls ("events") does not contain any details about parameters! It's just a list of numbers and names.

You could try using FSUIPC event logging, which would show the event/control number and the parameter being used when the event occurs.

Pete

Pete,

the numbers came out from events log. For some of them i have offset and parameter = perfect!

for others only offset and parameter is the value of readouts heading, speed altitude.

You need to use lua script ?

24 minutes ago, sisoffi said:

For some of them i have offset and parameter = perfect!

NOT "offset" but control or event number. Offsets are places in memory where FSUIPC places data for programs to read!

25 minutes ago, sisoffi said:

for others only offset and parameter is the value of readouts heading, speed altitude.

If that's the parameter, it's the parameter! What's the problem? The log shows the parameters, which are the parameters. :-)

Pete

example HDG rotary incr or dec.

opne fsuipc logging with events:

i move the HDG inc and dec (start from 000) the event number is <69656>

parameters change with teh value of what you read in the display 0-1-2-3-4  +    or 4-3-2-1 -

so i cannot assign a parameter in the button switch because change everytime.

54 minutes ago, sisoffi said:

i move the HDG inc and dec (start from 000) the event number is <69656> parameters change with teh value of what you read in the display 0-1-2-3-4  +    or 4-3-2-1 - so i cannot assign a parameter in the button switch because change everytime.

So, the event being sent is a "SET" one -- i.e. "set the heading to ...2, not an INC nor a DEC. Evidently it is either the wrong custom control, or the INC / DEC is not supported by the add-on.

Have you actually tried their support at all, yet? Seems that all your questions are really about the preculiarity of that aircraft.

55 minutes ago, sisoffi said:

with old version was easy to map all via macro functions. 

What "old version", and what's changed? Sorry, you are losing me. Where do macros come into it? Do you mean "mouse macros"?  If so, why not try those now, in this "new" version (of MadDog, FS or what)?

Pete

40 minutes ago, sisoffi said:

with fsuipc4 old maddog2010 all mouse macro worked perfectly.

So what are you using now? FSUIPC4 and an updated version of MadDog? Does that stop mouse macros? You would need to re-make them in any case.

Pete

5 hours ago, sisoffi said:

im using the new maddog2018 with fsuipc5 in p3d v4 64bit.

So, are you saying the recently implemented Mouse Macro facility doesn't work with that aircraft? 

I find it very difficult to help when you provide so little information each time.

Pete

2 hours ago, sisoffi said:

new maddog2018 change and no macro mouse from old version is still available or work.

Mouse macros from the "old version", whether "old FSUIPC" or "old MadDog", cannot possibly work! You MUST make new ones for P3D, and probably each time you update MadDog. Mouse Macros are closely related to the coding in the add-on aircraft! If it changes, you must re-make them. This is unavoidable and has always been the case!

Pete

1 hour ago, sisoffi said:

but if the mouse macro is not anymore implement from new fsuipc5 

Mouse macros are supported in the current FSUIPC5 release!!! You must be out of date!  Please always check you are using the current version. you can check this in "Download Links" subforum.

Pete