The simFlight Network Forums

Time preview window bug (v4.2)

Hello, I've noticed a strange bug in the latest version (it may affect other versions as well).

When you open the time preview window, flight controls stop working until you close the window and enter a menu. I've done my axis assignments in FSUIPC.

I found out v5.124 from my cluttered desktop, and it seems to work normally.

3 hours ago, wiltzei said:

When you open the time preview window, flight controls stop working until you close the window and enter a menu. I've done my axis assignments in FSUIPC.

This is known and reported already in another thread here. It is fixed here ready for the next release, which I'm holding back pending the promised (?) P3D4.3 release -- not that FSUIPC will depend on you updating.

Pete

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

Yes, as always. FSUIPC doesn't process whilst the Sim is in a dialogue.

Pete

Are you saying, that processing wasn't supposed to work in 5.124?

Can you post here the last released 5.124 build?

17 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

No version has ever processed whilst the Sim is stopped for a dialogue. Too many unwanted complications would ensure!

Pete

Interesting, it has worked here forever and with 4.3 / 5.124 as well. I'd be appreciated if we had an option to select processing at our own peril. It's important for some users. TY for the programme.

55 minutes ago, wiltzei said:

Interesting, it has worked here forever and with 4.3 / 5.124 as well.

Strange, then, as the code which odes this has not changed at all, not since FSX version 1.  

Actually i've never seen a dialogue like that Time Preview one before. There's no way I can find of determining that is is amodal (i.e. allows everything else to continue) whilst all of the usual ones -- options settings, weather, map etc -- are not, they are modal. There's actually no difference i can find to detect that automatically.

Can you tell me, what is the purpose of using the Time Preview window with the controls active? What are you actually doing which needs this?

In interim version 5.132b which I shall release by the end of this week, i shall remove the dialogue check altogether and rely solely on the Start/Stop "state" notifications  FSUIPC receives from P3D. The only reason I've not done this before is that there are periods during scenery loading where P3D (and FSX before it) sends "Start" notifications whilst "adjusting scenery objects" during scenery loading. Some of the things FSUIPC might be allowed or requested to do in such a period could be calamitous.

For P3D4 I can deal with the initial loading of the Sim -- the new PDK does give proper notification that the sim has completed loading. But it isn't easy to deal with the reloading of scenery such as when loading a different Scenario. I've lodged a query / error report with L-M on this point, because if they got that right the coding would be a deal simpler.

Pete

• Like 1