The simFlight Network Forums

Unusual Tower commands

rameus

Does anyone have any experience using the "Low approach" and "Touch and go" commands? I realize they're for general aviation (and I'm not sure what that means), but what will the pilot say in-game so that I know to issue either of these commands. I understand what they mean for the pilot but how do I know when to use them?

I've never had to use them and when I try I get "Negative, <callsign>".

Thanks!

On 7/24/2018 at 9:53 AM, rameus said:

Does anyone have any experience using the "Low approach" and "Touch and go" commands? I realize they're for general aviation (and I'm not sure what that means), but what will the pilot say in-game so that I know to issue either of these commands. I understand what they mean for the pilot but how do I know when to use them?

I've never had to use them and when I try I get "Negative, <callsign>".

Thanks!

As long as you knowwhat they mean, where they are is in the gaandlocaltraffic.txt file

// airport_from, airport_to, time, planetype, linecode, stop n go, touch n go, low approach,
TIST, TIST, 10:00, CNF, 1N4634, 0, 0, 0, Nero 4634, NERO FOUR SIX THREE FOUR

The bolded zeros are how many, Stop n go, touch n go, low approach.  Change to a number like 2, 0, 0, and the strip will show "2x Stop and Go" so you issue:

#airplane1; RUNWAY ;#runway1; CLEARED FOR STOP AND GO

I have never used it but I did ask a similar question when I first got the game.

I am not sure if the departure and arrival airport need to be the same.

• Thanks 1

So i tested this, and yes exactly how Peabody said. Also confirmed you do need the departure and arrival airport to be the same.

In answer to your question of when to use them,  never in normal game play.

The whole "student training" scenario would need to be manually setup 🙂

• Thanks 1