The simFlight Network Forums

News FSUIPC Tiller and Rudder

Hello Pete,

Today I have set up my Yoke and Rudder again in FSUIPC, since the function of Prosim is just garbage.

But now I have the problem that both Rudder and the Tiller controls the aircraft on the ground.

The Autorudder function is turned off on my P3D v4.3 and all axes are deleted.

What did I overlook?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards

Urs

49 minutes ago, Ursli80 said:

Today I have set up my Yoke and Rudder again in FSUIPC, since the function of Prosim is just garbage.

But now I have the problem that both Rudder and the Tiller controls the aircraft on the ground.

What did you assign to? You need to assign "direct to FSUIPC calibration" and actually calibrate in FSUIPC for its blending action to work. Also, in the latest FSUIPC5, if you are stationary the rudder is allowed to operate too so you can see the rudder is ok on the lower DU.

Pete

Hello Pete,

sorry I forgot to mention this.

But since this is normal for me, I probably forgot it. Of course I have assigned it directly to FSUIPC and also calibrated in the FDUIPC.

Rudder to Rudder and Tiller to Tiller. In the lower DU I see the Tiller and Rudder movements. In the outside view, I also see how the rudder moves when I control with the Tiller.

Did I get it wrong? If I roll to the RWY or gate, the plane would only have to be controlled via the Tiller and the Rudder should not move?

Best regards

Urs

4 hours ago, Ursli80 said:

Rudder to Rudder and Tiller to Tiller. In the lower DU I see the Tiller and Rudder movements. In the outside view, I also see how the rudder moves when I control with the Tiller.

When you are stationary, yes, both move, because both control the rudder. If you don't want to see the rudder movement when using the rudder and don't want to see it in the LowerDU, set RudderBlendLowest=0 in the [General] section of the INI file.

Please see item 13 in the History PDF installed with FSUIPC 5.14. That explains it.

If you want to separate the two you need to use the P3D controls for Steering and Rudder.  The FSUIPC method only deals with the blending, the gradual transfer, when both are assigned Directly and then both operate via the sim's rudder control.

If you mean you don't expect the tiller to also move the rudder when stationary, I can look to see if I can stop that. I see I did describe it that way.

Pete

Hello Pete,

thank you for your renewed response and efforts.

If this is true, it's okay with me.

I was just so sure that this was not the case with earlier versions.

Since the Tiller really only the nose wheel steered in my opinion. At least I would not have noticed it honest white.

Therefore, I did not come up with the idea in PDF.

Thank you Pete for your still very very big efforts.

Best regards

Urs

7 hours ago, Ursli80 said:

I was just so sure that this was not the case with earlier versions.

There was no RudderBlendLowest action in earlier versions. That was added so that you would be able to check the rudder on the Lower DU during your pre-taxi checks.

Still, I will try to stop the tiller operating when the ground speed is lower than RudderBlendLowest, as this is certainly what I intended.

Pete

Hello Pete,

Today I have updated to the latest version "e" of FSUIPC.

After that, I had some problems.

My yoke and rudder pedals were hyped up in the forecourt.
So the yoke was registered as rudder pedals and brakes and vice versa.
Both are from Opencockpits.

I wanted to fix it then I have just reassigned and calibrated.

With the yoke, however, I faced the problem that I could not assign the one-sided page (climb / drag), as no values were detected beyond the 0 position.

This with the
RudderBlendLowest function was, however,. When moving from the Tiller I would no longer Rudder movements displayed.

So I'm back at 5,141.

I hope you are satisfied with this information?

Best regards

Urs

Goole Translator

18 minutes ago, Ursli80 said:

With the yoke, however, I faced the problem that I could not assign the one-sided page (climb / drag), as no values were detected beyond the 0 position.

This with the
RudderBlendLowest function was, however,. When moving from the Tiller I would no longer Rudder movements displayed.

Sorry, I don't unerstand any of this.  Please can you explain in English, or use your normal language and hope Google translate does a good job.

The point of RudderBlendLowest is to STOP the rudder appearing to move in the Lower DU display when the tiller is checked whilst stationary. That is ALL it does, nothing complicated. It was just faulty in 5.141.

The only difference between 5.141 and 5.141e as far as Rudder and Tiller are concerned is that the RudderBlendLowest value is now compared against the actual ground speed, not a random value picked up incorrectly!

If you don't want the function at all, just set it to 0. But if you have a problem I need it spelled out clearly, and with actual dsta.

Maybe you could paste in your FSUIPC5.INI file?

Pete

Hello Pete,

Thanks for the quick reply.

The problem with the RudderBlendLowest with the version "e" is actually fixed.
And works well too.

I try to explain my problem again, I hope it is better.

I have registered my yoke and rudder pedals incl. Brakes (all from Opencockpits) in FSUIPC. This has worked well with version 5.141, except for the RudderBlendLowest "problem, which you have already solved successfully.

After I had also updated version 5.141e, all assignments were swapped. Ailron suddenly saved my brakes and so on.
I thought it was a small problem and reassigned everything.
During the calibration of the yoke I noticed the elevator but that when I pushes the plus values are displayed and I can confirm with set also, but as soon as I pull the yoke to me the minus values from the 0 position are no longer displayed in FSUIPC.
So I could not completely calibrate at the Yoke Elevator.

When I switched back to 5.141, everything was twisted again, but I was able to rewire and calibrate everything.

When I'm back on 5,141 die.ini is still useful?
Will be able to attach this tomorrow otherwise.

Thank you for your tireless help.

Best regards

Urs

45 minutes ago, Ursli80 said:

After I had also updated version 5.141e, all assignments were swapped. Ailron suddenly saved my brakes and so on.

This cannot be anything to do with updating FSUIPC. None of your settings are ever changed by an update.

I suspect you are not using Joy Letters, which enable assignments to move with changing JoyStick IDs. When you boot up or update Windows, or if you have devices sometimes connected ot sometimes not, the IDs can change. Using letters instead of numbers gets around this problem.

During the calibration of the yoke I noticed the elevator but that when I pushes the plus values are displayed and I can confirm with set also, but as soon as I pull the yoke to me the minus values from the 0 position are no longer displayed in FSUIPC.

Where is this? In the assignments section of the calibration? It is either going to be a calibration problem or a registry corruption. And going back to any different version of FSUIPC cannot possibly fix it. If this seemed to then I think you are saving a copy of your FSUIPC settings and restoring them. You NEVER need to do this as FSUIPC never changes them on its own, only when you make changes.

When I'm back on 5,141 die.ini is still useful?

Well, possibly, but probably it still won't make sense until you explain exactly what you are doing because none of it makes sense at present.

Pete

Hello Pete,

I have good news.
it now works as it should.

Yesterday I came back to the work, the thought that the download mlgkicherweisse something wrong.
That's why I've closed the cache and made the download new.
And see everything goes tip top now.

Thank you for your help Pete.

Best regards

Urs