The simFlight Network Forums

KMEM over midnight

SimmerCanuck

I've seen this before and know it's been mentioned on the forums - it doesn't seem that traffic rolls over midnight. With KMEM with RT being very busy for arrivals up until about 0100 this makes playing that first hour a bit odd. I started a game at 2100 and played around to 0100 - It got quiet around 0030 and all traffic after midnight showed a before midnight time on the strip. So then I tried a game starting at 0000 and the midnight hour arrivals showed up - however, the game clock jumps straight to 0208 with a departure. The midnight hour arrivals showed up after that. In fact the 40 arrivals scheduled between 0000 and 0137 all called in between 0208 and 0241. This of course overlaps with the beginning of the many departures that start at 0208. Made for some challenging game play and worked out okay, but it's a significant deviation from the real world (and the RT schedule) where there are nearly no movements for an hour or so while the freight is sorted to the outgoing aircraft.

I've got a game log, but it's too large to upload here. I think if you try the same start parameters as I have, you'll find similar results.

Yes, I said as much in my post, in fact this is the post I was referring to that I'd seen in the forum. That only refers to the not crossing midnight issue, not the strange behavior starting at midnight with the 2 hour delay on arrivals. It this issue that most affects the playability of KMEM as there is much traffic in that 2 hour period.

The game will always start at the first departure time, and send out the backlog from before that.

What you can do, if you feel confident enough, is to edit the schedule so the first arrival is the first departure and then the game will start at the earlier time.

To do this find the earliest arrival, and switch the the 2 airport codes so MEM is first, and switch the 2 times so 12:00 is first.

eg

LAX, MEM, 738, FX, 123, 00:01, 12:00, 1, FX  will become 

MEM, LAX, 738, FX, 123, 12:00, 00:01, 1, FX

OR wait for my custom schedule, that i may or may not be working on right now 😉

1 hour ago, SimmerCanuck said:

Yes, I said as much in my post, in fact this is the post I was referring to that I'd seen in the forum. That only refers to the not crossing midnight issue, not the strange behavior starting at midnight with the 2 hour delay on arrivals. It this issue that most affects the playability of KMEM as there is much traffic in that 2 hour period.

Actually, that post does hint at your 2-hour issue with the mention of the first departure starting at 00:21. But I'm not going to nitpick with you. 

As @hexzed is aware, I'm also working on a custom schedule for KMEM. I can tell you there is a departure at 00:00 to get the midnight hour off to a good start. 🙂