The simFlight Network Forums

New Flight FLT load no processing via FSUIPC offset

Morning,    I can't change currently Flight in P3D v3,4 when using FSUIPC offset in program . Occurs with P3D v3.4.22 -FSUIPC 4.971 and P3D v4.1.722 -  FSUIPC   5.14 and  5.13   -BUT the same CyberAvia’s Program loads, via offset, this file( format FLT) correctly in P3D v1.3, and FSUIP 4.9.39 ; Loading  this File “FLT”  using  P3D interface  menu( “LOAD”)is OK,  or via batch command  to run P3D with flt argument ; -the same CyberAvia’s program loads flight Files in format  “fxml” correctly via offset , in all of this version P3D.

Execution: instructions to change currently Flight when aircraft is ready to fly, on the ground. CyberAvia ’s program provides name of the Flight  file (.flt)  at offset  3F04,  plus zero terminator, and load by writed at offset 3F00,  2 bytes (00 00 ) ;Windows of P3D  became black, sound of currently aircraft motors is still going , no load for changing flight  is processing ; waiting few minutes and  then ESC and “resume”  and P3D displays initial situation  aircraft .

I don’t understand why no works on configuration FSUIPC/DP3Dv3-P3Dv4; l don’t find fsuipc v5 DSK,  but I think this offset is still available ?  I’m Cyberavia ‘s member ,developper, ( not virtual Pilote) , trying to update CyberAvia ‘s Program (named “Boite Noire”) to P3D v3 and P3D v4 _ Regretted Fabrice Erdinger  wrote this program for old FSx (?)  using IPC6  calling  FS98; I begin knowledge of FSUIPC ans P3D,  Can you help me to debug ?    Thanks  very much, regards 

1 hour ago, CyberAvia Assoc said:

Execution: instructions to change currently Flight when aircraft is ready to fly, on the ground. CyberAvia ’s program provides name of the Flight  file (.flt)  at offset  3F04,  plus zero terminator, and load by writed at offset 3F00,  2 bytes (00 00 ) ;Windows of P3D  became black, sound of currently aircraft motors is still going , no load for changing flight  is processing ; waiting few minutes and  then ESC and “resume”  and P3D displays initial situation  aircraft .

Sounds like there is something seriously wrong with your installations or the way you are using the offsets. The flight loading and saving facilities via the offsets are working fine -- I use them almost every day from a Wideclient remote PC.

In FSUIPC's logging use the Monitor facility to monitor offset 3F00 type S16, 3F02 as type U16 and 3F04 as type ASCIIZ, then try again. Show me the FSUIPC log file. BTW I am only interested in supported versions: 5.14 and 4.974 or later.

Note that I don't think P3D3.4 supports the old .flt format files.  Flight files are in XML and have filetype .fxml. (I don't think you need to give the filetype anyway).

BTW what is this "Cyberavia" program?

Pete

thanks for reply and help

the FSUIPC log,( monitoring 3F04 is cancel  size 80, but in log file, command WRITE is display for 252 caracters (953657 WRITE0[0]  3F04,  252 bytes: 63 79 62 65 72 76 6F 6C 5F 49 46 52 2E 66 6C 74  cybervol_IFR.flt0....  ..)-

“Something seriously wrong with your installations”  : the way you are using the offsets. The flight loading and saving facilities via the offsets are working fine ... saving facilities via the offsets are working fine ... I don't think P3D3.4 supports the old .flt format files.  Flight files are in XML

-Same problem occurs for other installation of experimented virtual pilots .

-I confirm processing NEW load via offset Works correctly for FXML file, in the same program ; problem limited for file format FLT ( excepted  FSUPC 4.9.3_)

Perhaps format file FLT is not supported now in FSUIPC ? ; I have read extension flight file is not required since FSUIPC 4.97 , (  .FLT  discarded to process new fxml file ?);  I have tried with and without extension , same result . Forever, referencing repar3d.com/SDKv4/LearningCenter.php , overview, I thing "FLt" is not again obsolete  for P3d v4,  ( what time ?)

There are two types of scenario files:

• Legacy Scenario (Flight) Files which have the file format .FLT and are in the INI file format.
  • New Scenario Files which have the file format .FXML and are in the XML file format

sed with P3D version 2, FSUIPC discards the .FLT part of any request to load a flight via offsets, so that the new XML format flight file may be loaded instead.

It's very  important time to translate many file " flt"(with plan file) ,  created by Cyberavia;  Cyberavia Program is a freeware, wrote by Fabrice Erdinger( who died 3 ears ago) he was founder of French association CYBERAVIA ( www.cyberavia.org),  preparing and examining flight for virtual Pilot (FSX and P3D)

Thanks for FSUIPC  log expertise , Regards

FSUIPC5.log

13 minutes ago, CyberAvia Assoc said:

the FSUIPC log,( monitoring 3F04 is cancel  size 80,

Why does that mean?

in log file, command WRITE is display for 252 caracters (953657 WRITE0[0]  3F04,  252 bytes: 63 79 62 65 72 76 6F 6C 5F 49 46 52 2E 66 6C 74  cybervol_IFR.flt0....  ..)-

That's the write to 3F04. Your program is writing all 252 bytes? The byte following the ".flt" part is 0x30. Surely the string written should terminate after the .flt in any case?

And please show me the Log file next time, NOT you interpretation!

-I confirm processing NEW load via offset Works correctly for FXML file, in the same program ; problem limited for file format FLT ( excepted  FSUPC 4.9.3_)

Only fxml flight files are supported.

Perhaps format file FLT is not supported now in FSUIPC ? ; I have read extension flight file is not required since FSUIPC 4.97 , (  .FLT  discarded to process new fxml file ?);  I have tried with and without extension , same result

Because the sim assumes fxml. hat is what it supports.

Forever, referencing repar3d.com/SDKv4/LearningCenter.php , overview, I thing "FLt" is not again obsolete  for P3d v4,

Well, I've not been able to load .flt files into P3D for several versions, not just P3D4. Can you load them manually, though the menus at all?

And what is with the HUGE font Please don't do such things!!!!

Pete

Just checked. The reason FSUIPC discards the .flt is so that P3D will load the FXML file if it exists. The actual entry, for version 4.936c (September 2014) says:

When used with P3D version 2, FSUIPC discards the .FLT part of any request to load a flight via offsets, so that the new XML
format flight file may be loaded instead.

However, I do see this in the description for the SimConnect facility being used:

To load deprecated .FLT files, the .FLT extension must be specified.

I've not seen that before.

FSUIPC has been this way now for 4 years with no problems, noone affcted. Shouldn't your program be updated to use FXML files?

I'm not updating FSUIPC4 any more. I can make an option in FSUIPC5. A flag set in offset 3F00 (not just 0 to load a flight, but another value to load a "deprecated" .FLT file, or just leave the extension alone.

Meanwhile, can you try adding another .flt at the end? eg.

cybervol_IFR.flt.flt

FSUIPC might only take the last .flt off.  If this works and is satisfactory, I suggest you do that instead.

Also, can you explain the 0x30 ('0') at the end of your flt file name: you sent 

cybervol_IFR.flt0

so it wouldn't have worked in any case for a .flt file.

Pete

Thanks for all  explications

Meanwhile, can you try adding another .flt at the end? eg. cybervol_IFR.flt.flt

I tried, but NOT work !   

Shouldn't your program be updated to use FXML files?

we have  many files ( nearly  1000 files)  made in format Flt , ready for flying   between any airport;  it's very  important work to  translate them  in FXML format and this affect more than one program  ;  we have to do this in the future 

FSUIPC5. A flag set in offset 3F00 (not just 0 to load a flight, but another value to load a "deprecated" .FLT file, or just leave the extension alone. 

Is it possible for you ?     this will be  match  with  two  types of P3D scenario files  describe in SDK   ;     "legacy scenario flight file  format.FLT"   go on working in P3D v4,    I tested    load manually by menu  P3Dv4  ,     and have  tested   via  console command,    to run P3D flight pre loaded , it's work also   

D:\P3D4\Prepar3D.exe "-flt:C:\Users\Dev_cip\Documents\Prepar4D v4 Files\cybervol_IFR.flt"    (for  my "soft" configuration) _  Only problem via offset FSUIP when pilot choose change currently flight

Sorry , but now  it 's night in France,  I will continue tomorrow ;  thanks you for your attention and your  help ; regards

On 9/13/2018 at 8:25 PM, CyberAvia Assoc said:

Thanks for all  explications

Meanwhile, can you try adding another .flt at the end? eg. cybervol_IFR.flt.flt

I tried, but NOT work !   

I have checked the code which was added to remive the .flt part of the fi;ename provided, and it is very simple. All it does if find the last '.' character in the name, then if the string at that position is equal to ".flt", replaces that with a zero, as string terminator.

This would mean that the ending ".flt.flt" changes to just ".flt".

So it must work. I think you must have made an error. Can you enable "extras" logging (one of the options in FSUIPC's Logging tab), then try one of your flight loads and let me see the Log, please.

I think this would be better than fiddling an option in 3F00, and it will also work in P3D3 and FSX with FSUIPC4.

On 9/13/2018 at 8:25 PM, CyberAvia Assoc said:

Sorry , but now  it 's night in France

I am in England, and night is almost the same time! 😉

Pete

Good morning

All it does if find the last '.' character in the name, then if the string at that position is equal to ".flt", replaces that with a zero, as string terminator.

I have made two tests ;  but  program NOT   processing  loading  ;       uploaded  2   files  result     upload  failed   and message  error  ??  can you open its    ?  

-Second TEST  Log       "FSUIPC5.log  "          just write       cybervol_IFR.flt.flt      _    ( Document "FSUIPC4 offsets status  mentions"   at 3F04 : "There must be a zero terminator"  , but you said     program replaces    ".flt" with a zero 

-First  TEST  , LOG renamed   "FSUIPC5.log-test1.txt"    program  write          cybervol_IFR.flt.flt0   ( I  add  zero terminated  )

Attention , it's in ASCII string and      0 terminated   ASCII  is  coded  hexa  (30) Perhaps   it's the   problem  now   ? ( but not problem with OLD FSUIPC   4.9.39-  p3D4.1    4.9 which load  OK,  you can  believe me )

Can you enable "extras" logging

setting via    P3D Menu  -> add-ons  -> FSUIPC   : Logging  ( extra..) ;   generated in FSUIPC.INI   LogExtras=Yes    ; is it correctly what you wanted ?    How can do  otherwise

thank yo very much for your  time and help  

zero termination of strings is 0x0 ('\0'), not 0x30 ('0'). Try with that.

I' have just tried, but NOT result processing;       I  thought  character  "zero"  (in  document)   means special code for FSUIPC , and was not  standard terminated string , this always used null (0x0) for my programming language by default for ASCII  string .

I tested with   cybervol_IFR.flt          and with   cybervol_IFR.flt.flt                 ,   and      null   character  all other   positions

In my previous log  FSUIPC.log        with                cybervol_IFR.flt.flt             I saw     =>        WRITE0[0]  3F00,   2 bytes: 00 00                                            ..
                   128609 Loading Flight "C:\Users\Dev_cip\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files\cybervol_IFR"       I  shouldn't  see   the  first  ".flt"   , if only  the last " .flt"  is removed   by FSUIPC  ? 

thanks you

20 hours ago, CyberAvia Assoc said:

setting via    P3D Menu  -> add-ons  -> FSUIPC   : Logging  ( extra..) ;   generated in FSUIPC.INI   LogExtras=Yes    ; is it correctly what you wanted ? 

Yes, of course. Selecting "Extras" in the Logging tab is recorded in the Settings, like all the other selections there. What is confusing you?

BTW, not relevant to this problem, but these logged errors:

IPC ERROR: Unrecognised FS6IPC request

indicate that the request block being sent to FSUIPC by your program is corrupted, or improperly terminated. I'm wondering if that is also related to your using character '0' instead of a real zero byte to terminate strings elsewhere? Otherwise it could be a length being set incorrectly.

18 hours ago, CyberAvia Assoc said:

In my previous log  FSUIPC.log        with                cybervol_IFR.flt.flt             I saw     =>        WRITE0[0]  3F00,   2 bytes: 00 00                                            ..
                   128609 Loading Flight "C:\Users\Dev_cip\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files\cybervol_IFR"       I  shouldn't  see   the  first  ".flt"   , if only  the last " .flt"  is removed   by FSUIPC  ?

That's a concern. I'll double check here that it isn't being removed twice. Before I wrote last I did go through the function activating the SimConnect call, and it definitely looked like it only did it the once, seraching from the end backwards for the last '.' character.

Pete

Okay. Apologies. I found another code entry which does a FORWARD search for the '.' character, and removes everything thereafter!

This was done to fix a program with certain P3D airport names which ended with a '.' -- this caused any flight saved with that airport name at the end to have "..fxml" at the end, which then failed when sent to SimConnect to do a flight load!

I reported this to L-M, so they probably eventually fixed one or the other (airport names, or SimConnect FlightLoad, or both). However, I "fiddled" it in FSUIPC so that users could continue safely as they were. This fiddle" has come back to bite me, it seems. 😞

I will remove that fiddle -- or rather make it conditional on seeing ".." not just ".".

Then adding another .flt at the end of your strings will work.

This will just be for P3D4 and FSUIPC5. Okay?

Pete

Good Morning

I was out this afternoon, So, i just read this GOOD news !  it's very positive work you have made for association CyberAvia

I will remove that fiddle -- or rather make it conditional on seeing ".." not just ".".

I understand ...thanks for explications ,       It's not always easy to be compatible with all situations , perhaps conditional is better waiting for  L-M corrective  ?

Then adding another .flt at the end of your strings will work.

This will just be for P3D4 and FSUIPC5. Okay?

ok, no problems,   I  will check versions to apply this condition (   .flt.flt  )   with next FSUIPC  with fix

Thanks very very much for  time spend  to searching my problem   and for future corrective .

Regards