The simFlight Network Forums

FSX Ignition Switch Keystroke / toggle switch

Hello!

i use FSX and fly the PMDG 737NGX Aircraft, however i don’t have the registered version of FSUIPC yet.

As of now the only Way for me to start my engines is to find the FWD overhead panel in VC and turn the engine ignition knobs, But i’m Looking to primarily use mu keyboard or my Toggle switch panel module, so i was wondering if there is a Way to assign a keystroke to the L and R ignition switches and the ignition switch selector aswell, and to then use FSUIPC to assign the command to toggle switches. Because When i look at my FSx settings/controls i can’t find ignition switch assignment anywhere (only “starter” 1,2,3,4 But those don’t do anything!!)

regards,

Edited by LeifApex
Title Change

26 minutes ago, LeifApex said:

As of now the only Way for me to start my engines is to find the FWD overhead panel in VC and turn the engine ignition knobs, But i’m Looking to primarily use mu keyboard or my Toggle switch panel module, so i was wondering if there is a Way to assign a keystroke to the L and R ignition switches and the ignition switch selector aswell, and to then use FSUIPC to assign the command to toggle switches. Because When i look at my FSx settings/controls i can’t find ignition switch assignment anywhere (only “starter” 1,2,3,4 But those don’t do anything!!)

PMDG aircraft contain their own systems. Very few of the built-in controls will work with it.  They've programmed the systems in the aircraft separately in order to provide increased realism -- the reason you purchased it, I assume!

PMDG have provided a complete set of controls, which have control numbers falling outside of the range of the built-in ones.  FSUIPC does contain special code to allow these to be used. But you would need to purchase an FSUIPC registration.

The control numbers are only listed by PMDG in a text file (the one with a .h filetype( in the SDK folder of your aircraft installation. Look towards the end. You have to calculate the number by adding a decimal number to a "Base" number which is given at the top of the list.

Then, in FSUIPC button and key assignments you can select the <custom control> entry (at the top of the drop-down list) and enter the control number you calculated.

Note that many entries need a parameter, maybe something simple like 1 for on and 0 for off, but some are more complicated and actualy need a "mouse" code -- those are also listed in that .h document.

For more assistance with this, when you get that far, you might be better off in the PMDG support forum.

Note that for many switches you might be able to use an alternative method -- "Mouse Macros".  Look in the FSUIPC User Guide (which is installed for you in any case).

Pete

43 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

The control numbers are only listed by PMDG in a text file (the one with a .h filetype( in the SDK folder of your aircraft installation. Look towards the end. You have to calculate the number by adding a decimal number to a "Base" number which is given at the top of the list.

I can only Seem to find anything with engine ignition/start selector under a “controls and indicators” section, and the full Line is “unsigned char ENG_Startselector[2]; // 0: GRD 1: off 2: CONT 3: FLT” and “unsigned char ENG-ignitionselector; // 0: IGN L 1: BOTH 2: IGN R”

so it starts with “unsigned char” and there is no number.

59 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

PMDGThen, in FSUIPC button and key assignments you can select the <custom control> entry (at the top of the drop-down list) and enter the control number you calculated.

Note that many entries need a parameter, maybe something simple like 1 for on and 0 for off

I figured the base number is 69632 so would i just for example add 152 (As a control number) to Make it 69784 in FSUIPC?

how would i know Which parameter to use for an entry in FSUIPC?

thanks in advance,

2 hours ago, LeifApex said:

I can only Seem to find anything with engine ignition/start selector under a “controls and indicators” section, and the full Line is “unsigned char ENG_Startselector[2]; // 0: GRD 1: off 2: CONT 3: FLT” and “unsigned char ENG-ignitionselector; // 0: IGN L 1: BOTH 2: IGN R”

You are not looking at the controls list, which is at the end. But the large table of data which can be read out -- all read only. FSUIPC does read all of that and place it in offsets for programs to use. Those offsets are detailed in a document in your FSUIPC documents folder.

I figured the base number is 69632 so would i just for example add 152 (As a control number) to Make it 69784 in FSUIPC?

If the base number is from the list near the bottom 9I thonk it says #define for each line). Is 152 after a + in the #define for the switch you want? If not, where are you plucking 152 from?

how would i know Which parameter to use for an entry in FSUIPC?

On PMDG aircraft the parameters are reiated to what the switch does, and are often to do with the mouse action you'd use. For a knob or multi-poisition switch it might be a left or right button value depending on the direction you are turning it. (doesn't the PMDG aircraft change the mouse pointer to curly arrows to indicate this?)

Pete

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

If the base number is from the list near the bottom 9I thonk it says #define for each line). Is 152 after a + in the #define for the switch you want? If not, where are you plucking 152 from?

152 was an example, I have now found the list you are talking about - it was weirdly located as part of the overhead lights panel, as its in the same row (might be a glitch). R engine start line has #define in front but no number, however at the end of the line it says "third_party_event_id_min + 121" so 121 must be the number i have to add.

Now for the base number it says at the top of the contro, events section, #define third_party_event_id_min equals to 69632.

With the above mentions in consideration how would i make one number of those exact to enter in FSUIPC to register the action?

On PMDG aircraft the parameters are reiated to what the switch does, and are often to do with the mouse action you'd use. For a knob or multi-poisition switch it might be a left or right button value depending on the direction you are turning it. (doesn't the PMDG aircraft change the mouse pointer to curly arrows to indicate this?)

The mouse cursor changes to  curly fingers when a knob can be turned yes, but it doesn't show values or a parameter.

And do you by any means happen to know if its possible to use a 2-point toggle switch to control engine start or the engine ignition selector, in any aircraft (preferably the PMDG NGX but i know you don't use that)?

Regards,

1 hour ago, LeifApex said:

152 was an example, I have now found the list you are talking about - it was weirdly located as part of the overhead lights panel, as its in the same row (might be a glitch). R engine start line has #define in front but no number, however at the end of the line it says "third_party_event_id_min + 121" so 121 must be the number i have to add.

Now for the base number it says at the top of the contro, events section, #define third_party_event_id_min equals to 69632.

With the above mentions in consideration how would i make one number of those exact to enter in FSUIPC to register the action?

ADD them, as it says (and I think I said earlier)! See the + ? That means "add" as always.

And do you by any means happen to know if its possible to use a 2-point toggle switch to control engine start or the engine ignition selector, in any aircraft

Engine start is normally alot more complex than just one switch. On a 737NG it invloves several -- the two main ones being the GROUND-OFF-CONT-FLT rotary, one per engine, and the CUT/IDLE switch, per engine, allowing the fuel in at the right time. but before that you have to have fuel pumps on on some means or furning the props -- APU bleed air or ground compressors.

If you want just a simple way then default aircraft start with Ctrl+E (I think that's right -- long time since i resorted to it).

Pete

15 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Engine start is normally alot more complex than just one switch. On a 737NG it invloves several -- the two main ones being the GROUND-OFF-CONT-FLT rotary, one per engine, and the CUT/IDLE switch, per engine, allowing the fuel in at the right time. but before that you have to have fuel pumps on on some means or furning the props -- APU bleed air or ground compressors.

I know the full engine start procedure, but i ought to have misexplained myself. I'm asking if its possible to purely control the engine 1/2 GRD/OFF/CONT switches with two 2-point toggle switch AND/OR if its possible to control just the engine igniton selector from L to R with a 2-point toggle switch (I set fuel pumps, APU and fuel cutoff levers by other methods)?

And if this isnt possible with FSX controls or FSUIPC, is there a Way to setup a rotary switch/turn knob to control the individual engine starters (the one with GRD-OFF-CONT) using a panel like “desktopaviator cessna 1019 panel’s rotary switch” in FSX or FSUIPC???

https://www.desktopaviator.com/Products/Panel/Model_1010/index.htm )

18 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

For a knob or multi-poisition switch it might be a left or right button value depending on the direction you are turning it.

How would i decipher the exact value on a Left-Rigth switch (for example the engine ignition selector in the VC) so i can use my toggle switch panel on my desk?

I'm not really a genius when it comes to FSUIPC... When i buy the registration code, how will i receive it, and will there be further setup than re-running the installer and punching in the registration once i've received it?

I appreciate your vast answers, regards,

Edited by LeifApex

16 hours ago, LeifApex said:

I'm asking if its possible to purely control the engine 1/2 GRD/OFF/CONT switches with two 2-point toggle switch AND/OR if its possible to control just the engine igniton selector from L to R with a 2-point toggle switch

Well, yes, it is possible. you can go through a whole sequence of different controls with just a simple push button. It would need either editing the FSUIPC settings file (the .INI) to add multipl lines for that button or switch, with different actions being conditional. The condition might be via using flags or by using user offsets (any in the range 66C0-66FF) to remember where you are up to. The details of all these facilities are in the FSUIPC Advanced User guide, in the section about Button Assignments.

Another way, and possibly easier to understand, but more wieldy, is to use a plug-in written in Lua, which can use variables to keep track of where you are in the switch setting. For the PMDG aircraft it could even read the offset containing the current switch position. (Actually, thinking aboutr it, the offset conditions for the INI file method might be able to use those too).

And if this isnt possible with FSX controls or FSUIPC, is there a Way to setup a rotary switch/turn knob to control the individual engine starters (the one with GRD-OFF-CONT) using a panel like “desktopaviator cessna 1019 panel’s rotary switch” in FSX or FSUIPC???

Well if the switch has enough positions it becomes easier, doesn't it?  Each position will look like a different button, so you assign each appropriately. If you mean a rotary encoder only giving two button numbers (clockwise and anti-clockwise) then you are back to the single press solutions above, but with two single press buttons so you don't need such complicated logic.

How would i decipher the exact value on a Left-Rigth switch (for example the engine ignition selector in the VC) so i can use my toggle switch panel on my desk?

Sorry, I don't understand this question. What "value"?  Is a left-right switch somehow different from an up-down switch other than the way it is oriented?

I'm not really a genius when it comes to FSUIPC... When i buy the registration code, how will i receive it, and will there be further setup than re-running the installer and punching in the registration once i've received it?

You'll get instructions, and you will already have the Installation guide as it was in the ZIP with the Installer.

I suspect you should try walking before running. It sounds like you want to jump into complex matters before even trying basic ones.

Pete

25 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Well, yes, it is possible. you can go through a whole sequence of different controls with just a simple push button. It would need either editing the FSUIPC settings file (the .INI) to add multipl lines for that button or switch, with different actions being conditional. The condition might be via using flags or by using user offsets (any in the range 66C0-66FF) to remember where you are up to. The details of all these facilities are in the FSUIPC Advanced User guide, in the section about Button Assignments.

Another way, and possibly easier to understand, but more wieldy, is to use a plug-in written in Lua, which can use variables to keep track of where you are in the switch setting. For the PMDG aircraft it could even read the offset containing the current switch position. (Actually, thinking aboutr it, the offset conditions for the INI file method might be able to use those too).

I’m really not that advanced in scripts, files, flags and offsets. I’m looking for a solution to the hardware setup that i would like, and this May not be too advanced As i have more basic knowledge. I am capable of making a somewhat advanced setup using FSUIPC or FS controls.

28 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Well if the switch has enough positions it becomes easier, doesn't it?  Each position will look like a different button, so you assign each appropriately. If you mean a rotary encoder only giving two button numbers (clockwise and anti-clockwise) then you are back to the single press solutions above, but with two single press buttons so you don't need such complicated logic.

So Its possible to have a switch or rotary choose ENG 1 or 2’s ignition switch position from either GRD, OFF or CONT or Are those specific options not available in FSUIPC? additionally, this might be me not realizing i have it, But could i be provided with a full list of controls you Can assign to switches or toggles via FSUIPC, Thanks.

29 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Sorry, I don't understand this question. What "value"?  Is a left-right switch somehow different from an up-down switch other than the way it is oriented?

Well, i’m Basically asking How i would know Which value to enter, no matter How the switch is orienter.

These might be stupid questions, i’m Just trying to understand the producents i wanna buy, before buying Them, and therefore ending up with the Best solution. thanks, regards,

18 minutes ago, LeifApex said:

So Its possible to have a switch or rotary choose ENG 1 or 2’s ignition switch position from either GRD, OFF or CONT or Are those specific options not available in FSUIPC? 

FSUIPC is a toolkit. You can do almost anything you like, some things by assignments and conditionals, so by plug-in programs, as I said. You are asking about specifics. those aren't "built into" FSUIPC. Switch positions are switch positions, that's all, and can initiate or change almost anything if accessible in the simulator. 

21 minutes ago, LeifApex said:

Well, i’m Basically asking How i would know Which value to enter, no matter How the switch is orienter.

Value for what? Sorry, your question is still not clear.

21 minutes ago, LeifApex said:

These might be stupid questions, i’m Just trying to understand the producents i wanna buy, before buying

If you need to do a lot of research before spending so much money, I really suggest you take a look at what others have accomplished. Peruse the entries in the User Contributions subforum above, for instance. I am not about to act as a salesman and persuade you to part with your hard-earned cash. You really have to make your own mindup. read the documentation as well -- if you've installed FSUIPC you already have that (see the FSUIPC Documents folder withing the Modules folder).

Pete

42 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

FSUIPC is a toolkit. You can do almost anything you like, some things by assignments and conditionals, so by plug-in programs, as I said. You are asking about specifics. those aren't "built into" FSUIPC. Switch positions are switch positions, that's all, and can initiate or change almost anything if accessible in the simulator. 

I’m asking this because i can’t find a command for moving the engine starter rotaries in FSX controls, i Can only move it with the mouse in the VC.

43 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Value for what? Sorry, your question is still not clear.

I was continuing previous conversation. (The value parameter for Which Way i’m Turning the knob or switch).

Regards,

9 hours ago, LeifApex said:

I’m asking this because i can’t find a command for moving the engine starter rotaries in FSX controls, i Can only move it with the mouse in the VC.

FSUIPC logging (available even to the unregistered) will log controls associated with switches even if moved by mouse -- Log events checkbox. And in the FSUIPC Documents folder there is a list of all FSX/P3D controls (known at date of publication), all of which can be assigned in FSUIPC and which is actually a lot more extensive than those listed in the sim's assignments dialogues.

But with PMDG aircraft, and many other sophisitcated add-on ones, the built-in controls do not work.

FSUIPC also offers  "mouse macros" which do the same as the mouse for some add-on aircraft, and also access to "L:VArs" (local panel varaibles") which can be used with some others. There are almost always solutions, and even more so with P3D4 as that develops.

9 hours ago, LeifApex said:

(The value parameter for Which Way i’m Turning the knob or switch).

I'm sorry, but in what context? I still don't understand what you mean. I kmow you are continuing, and you keep asking the same question in the same way, a way that makes no sense on its own.  A rotary encoder switch will show as a button on way and another the other. For a multiposition switch each position will normally have a different button number. But I can't believe this is still what you want to know!

Pete

16 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

FSUIPC logging (available even to the unregistered) will log controls associated with switches even if moved by mouse -- Log events checkbox. And in the FSUIPC Documents folder there is a list of all FSX/P3D controls (known at date of publication), all of which can be assigned in FSUIPC and which is actually a lot more extensive than those listed in the sim's assignments dialogues.

I tried the logging and whenever i turn ENG 1 selector switch either left or right, i get 2 parametres for each click. I get the parametres 131, 536, -214, 524, 419. (Parametres have been shortened). I know this doesn'øt give much info, but i don't understand how these parametres work, should i just short them down and write the first digit of the parameter in FSUIPC after using custom control to enter the control number or how are these supposed to be entered.

16 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

I'm sorry, but in what context? I still don't understand what you mean. I kmow you are continuing, and you keep asking the same question in the same way, a way that makes no sense on its own.  A rotary encoder switch will show as a button on way and another the other. For a multiposition switch each position will normally have a different button number. But I can't believe this is still what you want to know!

I just had to realize that it wasn't a switch in the way that i though, each turn position's just another "button". No worries.

I hope you can help explain the parametres. Thanks for all your help.

Regards,

24 minutes ago, LeifApex said:

I tried the logging and whenever i turn ENG 1 selector switch either left or right, i get 2 parametres for each click. I get the parametres 131, 536, -214, 524, 419. (Parametres have been shortened).

Where are you reading all this? If you a looking at the Log file and you don't understand something in it, show me it here. It is a text file after all. You can cut and paste text from it.

The information i thought you'd find most useful was the NAMES of the controls being used, not some numbers!

27 minutes ago, LeifApex said:

should i just short them down and write the first digit of the parameter in FSUIPC after using custom control

Why are you using "custom controls"?  You were talking about FSX controls before. Perhaps you'd better start again, this i just all confused.

29 minutes ago, LeifApex said:

I just had to realize that it wasn't a switch in the way that i though, each turn position's just another "button".

Yes, as I told you yesterday!

30 minutes ago, LeifApex said:

I hope you can help explain the parametres.

I cannot, not without you saying where you are reading and what you are doing!

Pete

22 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Where are you reading all this? If you a looking at the Log file and you don't understand something in it, show me it here. It is a text file after all. You can cut and paste text from it.

A Copy paste from the FSUIPC log file of turning ENG 1 starter switch from OFF-GRD-OFF-CONT:

5827328 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 69751 (0x00011077), Param= 4194304 (0x00400000)  <69751>
  5827469 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 69751 (0x00011077), Param= 536870912 (0x20000000)  <69751>
  5827531 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 69751 (0x00011077), Param= 131072 (0x00020000)  <69751>
  5827547 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 69751 (0x00011077), Param= 4194304 (0x00400000)  <69751>
  5827578 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 69751 (0x00011077), Param= 4194304 (0x00400000)  <69751>
  5827609 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 69751 (0x00011077), Param= 4194304 (0x00400000)  <69751>
  5838797 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 69751 (0x00011077), Param= 536870912 (0x20000000)  <69751>
  5838922 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 69751 (0x00011077), Param= 131072 (0x00020000)  <69751>
  5839594 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 69751 (0x00011077), Param= -2147483648 (0x80000000)  <69751>
  5839703 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 69751 (0x00011077), Param= 524288 (0x00080000)  <69751>
  5840234 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 69751 (0x00011077), Param= -2147483648 (0x80000000)  <69751>
  5840359 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 69751 (0x00011077), Param= 524288 (0x00080000)  <69751>
  5847000 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 69751 (0x00011077), Param= 4194304 (0x00400000)  <69751>
  5847031 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 69751 (0x00011077), Param= 4194304 (0x00400000)  <69751>
  5889484 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 69751 (0x00011077), Param= 4194304 (0x00400000)  <69751>
  5889531 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 69751 (0x00011077), Param= 131072 (0x00020000)  <69751>
  5889594 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 69751 (0x00011077), Param= 4194304 (0x00400000)  <69751>
  5889609 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 69751 (0x00011077), Param= 4194304 (0x00400000)  <69751>
  5889641 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 69751 (0x00011077), Param= 4194304 (0x00400000)  <69751>
  5889688 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 69751 (0x00011077), Param= 4194304 (0x00400000)  <69751>
  5889719 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 69751 (0x00011077), Param= 4194304 (0x00400000)  <69751>
  5889813 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 69751 (0x00011077), Param= 4194304 (0x00400000)  <69751>
  5889844 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 69751 (0x00011077), Param= 4194304 (0x00400000)  <69751>
  5889875 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 69751 (0x00011077), Param= 4194304 (0x00400000)  <69751>
  5889922 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 69751 (0x00011077), Param= 4194304 (0x00400000)  <69751>
  5889953 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 69751 (0x00011077), Param= 4194304 (0x00400000)  <69751>
  5889984 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 69751 (0x00011077), Param= 4194304 (0x00400000)  <69751>
  5890016 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 69751 (0x00011077), Param= 536870912 (0x20000000)  <69751>
  5890109 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 69751 (0x00011077), Param= 131072 (0x00020000)  <69751>

The number of the control is correct, and i got that.

The reason i'm searching for this is to insert the command in FSUIPC and set it up to a toggle switch (hardware) and therefore achieve the function by the toggle switch in FS. Now to my understanding i need to insert the control number under custom control in FSUIPC and then enter a parameter to decide the way the switch shall be positioned when i move my toggle switch to On or OFF, therefore i'm looking for the parameter and the correct way to enter it in FSUIPC.

Okay, now I understand. These are private PMDG controls, not FSX or P3D ones.

The <custom control> number is the number shown after Cntro =, and also in the <> parentheses.

The parameter value is the one after Param=. It is in English, albeit abbreviated.

The parameter is actually more meaningful in its second form,  the 0x ... value, as that format is the one shown in PMDG’s own list which you already will have. You can use either, but the second would be x... not 0x ...

Pete

Oh, some further clarification. The PMDG controls are all oriented around using the Mouse, and those parameter values are actually mouse action codes -- like left click, right click, drag, etc.  Basically I think the functions you are interested in aren't suitable for multiposition switches. A right click probably moves one position to the right, a left click one position to the left.

Since FSUIPC can actually read most switch and other values from the PMDG Boeing aircraft, it is actually possible to write a program to determine whether a "right click" or "left click" (and how many) is needed to reach any one position from another. This can even be done using a plug-in to FSUIPC programmed in Lua. But it isn't a trivial task, and not for beginners. Maybe this has allready been programmed, possibly by something like LINDA, another add-on which uses FSUIPC -- but I don't know.

Again, it might be worth visiting the User Conttributions subforum above to see what other folks have done. There must be quite a few PMDG users.

Pete

Thank you for clarifying. 

It seems i can’t assign a 2-point toggle switch to 2 specific positions on a starter knob (eg. GRD and CONT).

Would it be possible to Make one 2-point toggle switch turn the ENG 1 starter knob one turn to the left, When put in the ON-position, use another 2-point toggle switch to to turn the ENG 2 starter knob one turn to the left When put in the ON-position and then use a third 2-point toggle switch to put both ENG 1 and 2 starter knobs one turn to the Right When put in the ON-position?

I might have another solution to this. I could use my saitek throttle quadrant’s toggle switches.

T1: turn ENG1 engine starter knob 1 turn left

T2: turn ENG1 engine starter knob 1 turn Right

T3: turn ENG2 engine starter knob 1 turn left

T4: turn ENG2 engine starter knob 1 turn Right

Now i have one more question. After entring the control number in <custom control> What would i enter in the parameter box (in FSUIPC) if one left click on the ENG1 starter switch (OFF-GRD) (in the PMDG VC) displayed these 2 Lines in the logging file?

Cntrl= 69751 (0x00011077), param= 536870912 (0x20000000) <69751>

Cntrl= 69571 (0x00011077), param= 131072 (0x00020000) <69751>

Appreciations and regards,

12 hours ago, LeifApex said:

It seems i can’t assign a 2-point toggle switch to 2 specific positions on a starter knob (eg. GRD and CONT).

If, as I think, those PMDG controls do "turn left" and "turn right", rther than select a specific position, then of course if you never visit one of the other positions, you can assign your switch to the "turn left" and "turn right" variants. So you can switch back and forth between any two positions. GND and OFF (the two usual ones) are easy as they would be one left and one right. Not sure why you'd use GND and CONT instead, but for those you'd do similar but duplicate the assignments so that you turn two left or two right. That would mean editing the settings,file to duplicate the assignment lines with different line numbers.

Would it be possible to Make one 2-point toggle switch turn the ENG 1 starter knob one turn to the left, When put in the ON-position, use another 2-point toggle switch to to turn the ENG 2 starter knob one turn to the left When put in the ON-position and then use a third 2-point toggle switch to put both ENG 1 and 2 starter knobs one turn to the Right When put in the ON-position?

Well. simpler than that as I just mentioned. No need for a third switch.

If the switches are spring-loaded then maybe more realistic, you'd have to hold it the GND position till the engine fires (after switching the fuel on of course -- starter lever to 'idle' --  then let it return to GND. In the real aircraft the position is magnetically held.

Now i have one more question. After entring the control number in <custom control> What would i enter in the parameter box (in FSUIPC) if one left click on the ENG1 starter switch (OFF-GRD) (in the PMDG VC) displayed these 2 Lines in the logging file?

The parameters are shown and I told you which they were already. One of those is probably a mouse left click and the other a right click. This will be stated in the PMDG data you already have -- a file with a .h filetype in its SDK folder. Or you can just tell by testing of course.

Pete

5 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

The parameters are shown and I told you which they were already. One of those is probably a mouse left click and the other a right click. This will be stated in the PMDG data you already have -- a file with a .h filetype in its SDK folder. Or you can just tell by testing of course.

My question is not Where to find the parameters, i’m Simply asking What i need to enter in the FSUIPC box, As the parameter is a long number like “131073” or another number like “x00020000”

I don’t know What to put in the “parameter” box in FSUIPC When i receive these long numbers. Should i short it Down to either “1” or “2” or How do i understand these numbers?

regards,

My question is not Where to find the parameters, i’m Simply asking What i need to enter in the FSUIPC box, As the parameter is a long number like “131073” or another number like “x00020000”

As I said earlier, EITHER!

don’t know What to put in the “parameter” box in FSUIPC When i receive these long numbers. Should i short it Down to either “1” or “2” or How do i understand these numbers?

You don't need to "understand" them! They are just numbers. It you want to understand Windows mouse encoding, look at the PMDG document I pointed you to, the one installed with your aircraft! I don't use any PMDG aircraft.

This thread is getting very repetitive. I seem to keep explaining the same things over and over.

Pete

31 minutes ago, LeifApex said:

do i just enter the Full, entire number in the FSUIPC parameter box?

the reason for the thread seeming repetitive is that i have it this has never been Stated.

Of course you have to enter the whole parameter! How do you think half a number can be the same as the whole number? Do you think $1 is the same as $1000?  You can't use part of a number and have it mean the same thing. What are you thinking?

I've said several times how to find the parameter. The parameter is the parameter is the parameter. Half a parameter is not a parameter, it is meaningless!

You can enter it in decimal, as shown, or in hex (the form starting x. If it says 0x leave off the first 0. As I already explained!

Pete

If that was one click, then its probably sending parameter 536870912 (0x20000000) on the button press, and 131072 (0x00020000) on the release, using the same control (69751). Check in the PMDG documentation. You can duplicate that in your assignment.

Cheers,

John

You can't use part of a number and have it mean the same thing. What are you thinking?

I thought i could only enter 1 number in FSUIPC. As Said, i don’t have it just yet - might be my mistake, But As i Said i like to know about stuff before i buy it.

I should be all good for this round by now.

thank you to both you Pete and John - that last minute elaboration was actually really helpful, and the same for all your answers, Pete.

regards,