The simFlight Network Forums

Tiler axis problem.

Bonjour,

In P3DV4, I have the axis assignement "Axis Steering Set" assigned to the Rz axis of my Saitek X52 PRO.
I cannot find it in the FSUIPC (V5.14)  joystick calibration. When I move the Rz axis of my X52, nothing is displayed in the Steering tiler box. It seems that this axis is ignored ?
I have no problem with the other axes.

Any Idea ?

Cheers
Claude

Do you have the action required set to 'Send direct to FSUIPC Calibration'?
The axis action should also be 'Steering Tiller' on the left hand side ('This side to send axis values''), and not 'Axis Steering Set'.

Also make sure that you are using the latest version of FSUIPC, 5.141e. There have been some recent updates to the tiller steering, although these are mainly to do with tiller/rudder blending and should not affect the axis calibration visibility...

Cheers,

John

Hi John,

On 10/15/2018 at 5:18 PM, John Dowson said:

Do you have the action required set to 'Send direct to FSUIPC Calibration'?

No as the axis assignement is done in P3D V4. I only want the calibration done by FSUIPC as I do with other axes.

The axis action should also be 'Steering Tiller' on the left hand side ('This side to send axis values''), and not 'Axis Steering Set'.

I do not have the  'Axis Steering Set' in the combo box.

Also make sure that you are using the latest version of FSUIPC, 5.141e.

Yes I have this version installed.

Cheers

Claude

On 10/17/2018 at 11:24 AM, Claude Troncy said:

No as the axis assignement is done in P3D V4. I only want the calibration done by FSUIPC as I do with other axes.

FSUIPC doesn't intercept this control. it was new and never added to FSUIPC's intercept list. FSUIPC's steering has always been by  its own Tiller assignment.

On 10/17/2018 at 11:24 AM, Claude Troncy said:

I do not have the  'Axis Steering Set' in the combo box.

The sim control is "Steering set", not "Axis steering set".  but it is not a calibrated axis in FSUIPC. The "Steering Tiller" axis is in the drop-down when "Direct to FSUIPC calibration" is chosen. This allows Rudder effect to be increased with ground speed whilst steering effectiveness decreases.

Pete