The simFlight Network Forums

Rotary Switch problems

I try to program a rotary switch on my  PFC Radiopanel for usa ase course selector and heading selector.
This is with the use of FSUIPC and PMDG 737NGX
I am unable to get it to turn anticlocwise. It turns ok clockwise.
What do I have to do to get it to work both ways?
Henning Ringsvold

40 minutes ago, hrings said:

I try to program a rotary switch on my  PFC Radiopanel for usa ase course selector and heading selector.
This is with the use of FSUIPC and PMDG 737NGX
I am unable to get it to turn anticlocwise. It turns ok clockwise.
What do I have to do to get it to work both ways?

What version of FSUIPC and FS?

What did you assign to in order to make it turn clockwise? If you want it to rurn the other way using the PMDG controls it will be by a different parameter, a mouse code. See:

Pete

I have on my PFC Radio Panel 3 rotary switches that goes both ways. I am getting them to turn course selector and heading selector clockwise but not counter clockwise- I have then asign course selector to 70008 and heading selector to 70022

Henning Ringsvold

1 hour ago, hrings said:

Ï have tried to follow the instruction in that article but everytime i put in the para (x20000000) f.inst next time I open FSUIPC it says 0-

Sorry, you'll need to clarify that.  FSUIPC will most certainly accapt such a parameter, though it will be displayed in decimal next time you look. The decimal for x20000000 is 536870912. FSUIPC normally displays parameters in decimal because normally that mode of expression is more relevant. Just not in this case.

1 hour ago, hrings said:

But then I am trying that in buttons and sw. and there is no confirm button

Sorry, but I don't understand this part at all. What context are we in? what are you doing?

Pete

Öf course you are correct it answer with 536870912 The reason for going back to 0 was that when the parameter was cleared it was a symbolin the parameter box  that was not removed.
But as I said I am trying to  program the 2 GPS rotary and the alt preselect set Rotary on my PFC Radio panel. I want to use them as knobs for course selector and heading selector. I am programming via Buttons+Switches and using 70008 for the course and  70022 for heading but I am unable to get the rotary to turn anticlockwise. I cant find the correct parameter setting to do this. They turn ok clockwise.
Henning Ringsvold

9 minutes ago, hrings said:

But as I said I am trying to  program the 2 GPS rotary and the alt preselect set Rotary on my PFC Radio panel. I want to use them as knobs for course selector and heading selector. I am programming via Buttons+Switches and using 70008 for the course and  70022 for heading but I am unable to get the rotary to turn anticlockwise. I cant find the correct parameter setting to do this. They turn ok clockwise.

I'm sorry, i simply do not know the correct parameter to use for the PMDG controls for the PMDG aircraft -- the PMDG SDK you have is more than I have. If there's not enough there perhaps someone on the PMDG support forum can help?

I would have thought clockwise would be right click and anti-clockwise left click, but as I don't have any PMDG aircraft I don't know. Do you?

Pete

12 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

The values were 8182 and (separately) 16384 for the two actions, and they would be Parameter fields for the relevant "custom control" number(s) you already know. 

Thanks Pete.

Chris.