The simFlight Network Forums

QW787 Offsets

Hello,

I would like to know if is it possible to find offsets (of QualityWings 787) for some annunciators like the autothrottle mode. I have already tried these offsets: 0810 and 07DC but it doesn't work for QW787. I have also searched in QW787's LVars (like "AT_MODE" and "AT_ARMED") and in QW787 Linda Module but it sends controls to 65859 with the parameter of 0. Maybe can I go to the opposite way that is to read control 65859? I also saw that there is documentation for Offset Mapping for PMDG's aircrafts, so is it possible to have a similar documentation for QW787?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards, Simon.

1 hour ago, 787simoN said:

I would like to know if is it possible to find offsets (of QualityWings 787)

No, not unless QW are using FSUIPC and providing such. Many sophisticated add-on aircraft do their own thing and ignore the standard built-in controls of the Simulator. FSUIPC's offsets are concerned with the built-in systems.

If QW don't provide keyboard shortcuts which you can assign,     and no "custom controls", then you would need to investigate  the use of either Mouse Macros or local panel variables (L:Vars).

Maybe can I go to the opposite way that is to read control 65859?

You can't "read controls". They are merely numbers which are sent as part of a message, like an order. The record of what they achieve may be readable but that's a different matter.

65859 is AP AIRSPEED HOLD (as you could have found out by referring to the supplied list of controls -- see your FSUIPC documents folder).  Now FSUIPC does get the status of this from SimConnect and place the result in offset 07DC.  So that should be seen as changing from 0 to 1, the that may not happen if the Sim doesn't see that the AutoThrottle is Armed.  If it isn't then it's really a question for QW -- they presumably process this in their own systems code.

I also saw that there is documentation for Offset Mapping for PMDG's aircrafts, so is it possible to have a similar documentation for QW787?

PMDG provide an SDK detailing how to read all of their settings, and also a list of the "custom controls" they've added. They've fully catered for those wishing to program hardware. Have QW done similarly?

Pete

The only things I've been able to do is the exterior lights I.E. landing taxi...  They use the fsuipc standards.  I can also do the autobrakes, and toggle the efb and the fmc to make it easier to use.  It would be nice if they did like PMDG has their's.