The simFlight Network Forums

Already bought FSUIPCv4 for over 20+eu why when there is no real difference should I have to pay another 30+eu for FSUIPCv5 forP3D? Olaf from SimMarkt told me to ask you directly

MAW

53 minutes ago, MAW said:

Already bought FSUIPCv4 for over 20+eu why when there is no real difference

FSUIPC5 was a lot of work, and continues to be so with the ongoing development of P3D4. And it was the first new payware product from me in all the years since FSX was first released, in late 2005.  FSUIPC4 was maintained, developed and supported for 12 years all for the one-off purchase price.

But just don't buy FSUIPC5 if you think it isn't worth it to you. It's easy enough, No point in posting such an odd message. (And I've never heard of Olaf. He probably knows nothing about the subject).

Pete

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

FSUIPC5 was a lot of work, and continues to be so with the ongoing development of P3D4. And it was the first new payware product from me in all the years since FSX was first released, in late 2005.  FSUIPC4 was maintained, developed and supported for 12 years all for the one-off purchase price.

But just don't buy FSUIPC5 if you think it isn't worth it to you. It's easy enough, No point in posting such an odd message. (And I've never heard of Olaf. He probably knows nothing about the subject).

Pete

Hi Pete,

Looked at the coding, not an expert but know some programming knowledge and yes, I can manipulate v4 for v5, shortcut stuff and update mostly, I'm just a bit annoyed that the only vendor is SimMarket, Olaf was the one that replied to my email; to SimMarket regarding having paid over 20+eu in support for your development of FSUIPC 4 and just recently another 28eu for Widefs, I do support your work, I paid for the full versions , this was his reply:

Olaf - Support
Date: 11/30/2018

please discuss this with the vendor. simarket does not make the upgrade policies nor prices. there is no free update so we consider this as closed!

Its because I want to support your work I'm writing this, nearly 36EU, this is not a completely new re-write, an amendment and upgrade agreed but is a lot of money to some of us and was hoping from v4.9 owners to upgrade at least a discount.

If you feel otherwise, fine, and you're right, I don't have to purchase it, but at least I can question it.

2 hours ago, MAW said:

Its because I want to support your work I'm writing this, nearly 36EU, this is not a completely new re-write, an amendment and upgrade

Just "an amendment"? I feel your ability to determine what's changed from "looking at coding" is rather suspect! It was actually several months solid work (more than full time) -- but that was only the start. Then taking advantage of P3D developments as they occur, and for an indefinite time -- till FSUIPC6 (another 12 years hence for all I know -- but more likely till some serious revision like P3D5). Without such invstment in time the product would stagnate and be less worthy than I'd like it to be, not taking advantage of deleopments in the sim program and the interfaces added (such as in the PDK for P3D -- only Simconnect was in use before).

On top of all that there's the time for Support work which has been almost full time right since FSUIPC1 back in 1998. (FSUIPC was completely free for the first 6 years. It was a hobby. I only had to start charging when my software business stopped earning. In the lhe little time left over I do try to have an occasional fly -- after all it was my hobby in the first place,  and I think i ought to try to indulge a little at my age of 75. That an an occasional holiday of course.

But as I said, it is your choice. It is what is is. If you feel cheated and that I am ripping you off, just don't but it. Actually -- please don't buy it! I'd rather not have a customer than an unhappy grouchy one!

Pete

Hi,

Just two things to add:

First: FSUIPC is the most valuable add-on for the simulator and it's absolutely worth the price, if you seriously work with external hardware.
Second: The support is outstanding in the community. Every single question/problem is handled by Pete and brought to a solution. And all enhancements are free of charge

Think about that.
Reinhard

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4