The simFlight Network Forums

Schedule creators

Braf123456

I've only messed around with some focused things for some videos but I started in excel.  Order each column mirroring the data in the standard text file and fill it out.

I prefer excel to sorting and organizing things as well as being able to add notes and things.  Then export it to a CSV file and convert CSV to TXT and check for issues with spacing and comma's.  My last one was somewhat screwed up due to a few flights not registering properly (E70 I think it was) and the spacing between a few was wrong so I had to go through and manually correct that.

May look for a formula to add a space and comma but honestly doing it in each cell as you fill it out should help keep things clean and spaced properly so the game reads the info properly. 

My test stuff worked well so now I'll be building some scenario play from scratch using excel and that method above.  Those who have made full schedules can probably voice better solutions or methods. 

8 minutes ago, Ripskin said:

I've only messed around with some focused things for some videos but I started in excel.  Order each column mirroring the data in the standard text file and fill it out.

I prefer excel to sorting and organizing things as well as being able to add notes and things.  Then export it to a CSV file and convert CSV to TXT and check for issues with spacing and comma's.  My last one was somewhat screwed up due to a few flights not registering properly (E70 I think it was) and the spacing between a few was wrong so I had to go through and manually correct that.

May look for a formula to add a space and comma but honestly doing it in each cell as you fill it out should help keep things clean and spaced properly so the game reads the info properly. 

My test stuff worked well so now I'll be building some scenario play from scratch using excel and that method above.  Those who have made full schedules can probably voice better solutions or methods. 

Thanks