The simFlight Network Forums

Wrong replay speed

• 4 months later...

Hi Fabio

Has this been fixed in the latest update?

I have just done a recording with P3D v4.5 set to 30FPS and FCR set to 30FPS, and the replay speed is still too fast (at a guess at least x2). The recording itself was fine (PMDG QOSII), just wrong replay speed.

Cheers

Dave Nash

• Like 1

Hi Dave!

My algorithm for Play a recorded flight is changing .... Now i have a new method for render.

In FCR v4.5 will be a new Video Rendering Engine ( High Frame Rate ) that it will render a video starting from FCR Flight recorded. Frame by frame rendering .

This Video Rendering Engine use my new algorithm. This is a first step introduction before make it available also for Record and Play features.

Fabio

• 11 months later...

Hi Fabio

Thanks for all the work you are putting in on this project!

Haven't used FCR for a while. I've just tried build 2004.20 on P3Dv5, recording a take off in PMDG QOTSII with sim set to 30FPS, FCR set to 30FPS, using view-groups on triple 4K monitors and the replay still looks too fast (x2).

If I use the app to slow the replay by x2 the playback looks normal. No problem with the recording otherwise, gear and flaps animation work OK.

Nice work, but can you fix the replay problem?

Kind Regards

Dave Nash

• Like 1

Hi Dave 

Stay away from P3Dv5!!! and stick to version 4.5 the next couple of month!
A scandal is going on these days. Version 5 is not at all ready - LM customers are hijacked as involuntary beta testers! Flight sim developers has already made a common statement towards LM with protest! LM hired an inexperienced kid to manage LM programming!

Fabio's Replay app is working perfectly okay with LM version 4.5!   

• Like 1

On 5/21/2020 at 10:04 PM, Morten said:

"............…. Fabio's Replay app is working perfectly okay with LM version 4.5!"

Hi Morten, sorry for the delay in replying, been busy on other stuff

Agreed, P3Dv5 is a bit of a mess just now, let's hope they fix it quickly.

You are correct, FCR is working OK in P3Dv4.5HF3,  so it's P3Dv5 that seems to be the problem!

Fabio is doing a great job on this software, pity the platform isn't keeping up!

Thanks for the reply

Regards

Dave

• Like 1

Yep. After a rather long developing period, FCR has been working great for a long time, for v4.3, 4.4 and 4.5! That is, however,  if one stick to the rules in every detail:

1.  With sim set to same FPS as FCR, as you already noticed. (I'm also flying PMDG)
2.  For replay, let the same airplane as used in recording, load FULLY up in P3D's default scenery and time.
3.  Then load FCR and unpause the session  - then wait again till the airplane is FULLY loaded.
4.  Then finally hit the play button on the FCR, and you're running!

In addition to this, my experience is that if you start recording and end recording in the same full screen mode you will with 95% certainty stay out of troubles - for instances with stalling replays just before landing!!, etc..

Cheers,
Morten       

• Like 1

Hi guys!!!

Thank you very much for your support !! As Morten stated with this passages all can works fine!

I m testing now FlightControlReplay v4  in P3Dv5 and it works well… But anyway i m start testing FlightControlRepaly v4.5 in these days … after that i ll make a call for all beat testers!

If you want guys you can enroll 😉

Fabio

Well, my friend Fabio, now when finally you MADE IT and everything now works so great, we don't want silly P3D amauteur "v5 update" to spoil everything, and leave you back to point zero after all your many hard steps you've been through already!!! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...