The simFlight Network Forums

Course selector problem on PMDG737.

Hi Pete / John,

I have managed to program switches such as Probe Heat and Yaw Damper using the excellent guide in your FAQ section but I'm having a problem with the Course selector on the MCP - Captain's side.

When I rotate the GoFlight knob only every other click is recognised. Consequently the two readouts differ. Any ideas?

I am using #define MOUSE_FLAG_WHEEL_UP      0x00004000 and #define MOUSE_FLAG_WHEEL_DOWN    0x00002000 and the #define    EVT_MCP_COURSE_SELECTOR_L                (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 376) 

In FSUIPC the control sent when button pressed is <70008> parameter 16384 for increasing and <70008> 8192 for decreasing the value. 

All those seem to work okay but the numbers change on every other click, not each click of the GoFlight knob.

Attaching fsuipc5.ini for info.FSUIPC5.ini

I have posted on the PMDG737 forum too. The relevant entries are the last two right at the end of the 737 profile.

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

When I rotate the GoFlight knob only every other click is recognised. Consequently the two readouts differ. Any ideas?

Have you programmed both press and release to the same control? I think each click is either a press or release. At least, that's the case with standard rotary encoders.

Else you will have to wait for PMDG to reply. After all, they are their supplied controls. FSUIPC is only sending them.

Pete

15 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Have you programmed both press and release to the same control? I think each click is either a press or release. At least, that's the case with standard rotary encoders.

Else you will have to wait for PMDG to reply. After all, they are their supplied controls. FSUIPC is only sending them.

Pete

Hi Pete, ah, that will be it. No, I just programmed for the press, not the release. Never occured to me that also applied to a rotary control. Nothing back from PMDG yet but I reckon you've provided the solution. I'll report back once I've programmed the release.

LATER: Well done Pete. That was the solution. All working fine now. Good man! 👍

Actually, there still a problem. If I rotate the knob too quickly the display doesn't keep up. I might have to abandon this and use the mouse. 😒

4 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Actually, there still a problem. If I rotate the knob too quickly the display doesn't keep up

That's to do with the piles of requests accumulating. Mouse and keyboard use activates acceleration which increases changes to the values instead, though I think with PMDG stuff you are just bypassing the control system.

The GoFlight dials should give you 4 button to program -- fast as well as slow in each direction. Program the fast ones to do larger increments, if that's possible with PMDG controls.

Pete

Pete,

The GF166 has an outer and inner dial. When changing frequencies the outer dial changes whole numbers and the inner one the decimal part. But when it comes to changing the OBS only the inner dial works. Don't think there's a solution for this. When in FREQ mode the outer and inner dials work fine.

It seems a daft decision by PMDG not to go with the default OBS as they have done with the frequency aspect.